Canadian Subscription

Options
chris.ve7xh
chris.ve7xh Member
edited April 28 in Before you Buy

Has anyone worked around subscribing from Canada. The Canadian website appears to need a Zip code. It won't accept a postal code, or 00000 or 99999. I phoned support and they don't have a solution other than processing the order over the phone, which I'm a little skittish about.

I can't believe they have a Canadian website and don't allow subscription processing through it!

[Edited - Removed Personal Information From Screenshot]

Tagged:

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I found this workaround, but I haven't confirmed that it works -

When using your Canadian credit card in the United States, you may be asked for a ZIP code, the American equivalent of a postal code. To address this, you can follow a common practice: take the numbers from your Canadian postal code and add two zeros. So, if your postal code is A1B 2C3, you’ll enter 12300 as your ZIP code when prompted.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This varies by credit card company. It may work but it is best to check with your credit card to be sure, as some use different approaches.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• chris.ve7xh
    chris.ve7xh Member
    Options

Thanks, I tried the three numbers followed by two zeros, but it didn't work.

How committed is Quicken to supporting Canada when their subscription page doesn't even recognize a Canadian postal code? I would love to try the product but not if it entails workarounds.

I'm still looking for a good solution to the Mint closure and am paranoid about sharing my financial data. At this point, Quicken has lost my trust, but I don't see any viable alternative.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @chris.ve7xh,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I forwarded this issue with the website asking for Zip Code instead of Postal Code to the proper channels to have it further investigated.

In the mean time, since you said you do not consider placing the order over the phone with Support to be a viable option, I'd recommend purchasing the subscription through a 3rd party. Places like Walmart, Costco, Amazon, etc often sell Quicken subscriptions.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• chris.ve7xh
    chris.ve7xh Member
    Options

Thank you Kristina,

This is a much better and professional response than I received when I phoned in. Much appreciated.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note the Quicken Windows Canadian can't be purchased from a third party.

Quicken Mac Canadian from what I understand is nothing more than changing one setting in Quicken Mac, so I don't think it matters which you buy.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg99
    Greg99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken continues to under serve Canadian customers. They have now stopped the dividend / dividend yield update with stock quotes and are unable to link with even the popular Canadian brokerages like Questrade. Suggest use spreadsheets and save your money.

This discussion has been closed.