Elan Financial (Fidelity Rewards) credit card online balance missing cents

Options

The online balance is in whole dollars, similar to the problem last year. As a result, an error message is displayed and Auto-reconcile obviously doesn't work.

Quicken Mac Subscription, Quicken user since 2005

Comments

• bmds
    bmds Member ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

I too have not been able to correct the issue with $.00 balance issues between Quicken and Elan. For months. I've sent multiple reports along with files to Quicken, deactivated and reactivated, etc., all to no avail. [Removed - Speculation]

[Merged Post]

• ragush
    ragush Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. The Fidelity Rewards register balance in Quicken agrees with my actual balance when I sign in online, but the sidebar balance is in whole dollars. The cents in the register balance is 99 cents, but the sidebar balance cents are 0. The sidebar balance just drops the cents. When I click to display Today's balance, it is shown correctly, but the online balance is in whole dollars. Only the Fidelity Rewards sidebar balance has this error.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

MIne too, this happens every so often. Hoping it will resolve itself.

• ntsu82
    ntsu82 Member
    Options

Same here! Only whole dollar online balance for reconciling is being shown as the statement ending balance each day

• leshughes10
    leshughes10 Member
    Options

I am running Version R55.15 Build 27.1.55.15 I am having trouble when i download transactions it always drops the cents in the online balance and then the reconciling doesn't come out. This is only on Elan Financial Service that I have this problem.

• adamwadesmith
    adamwadesmith Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a Fidelity Credit Card, whose online Financial Institution is Elan Financial Services.

The online account balance truncates cents - it is always a dollar amount.

I used to have this problem, it went away for awhile, and now it is back.

• jstolzman
    jstolzman Member
    Options

Yep. Same here.

• ronaldllenz
    ronaldllenz Member ✭✭
    Options

I too have this problem. How do we know if the developers have a ticket for this?

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same. This seems to happen every few months now. Crazy.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• 23-yrQuickUser
    23-yrQuickUser Member ✭✭
    Options

Me too. On my Quicken and on my parents'.

• ocalaheart
    ocalaheart Member ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

Same here. The online balance reported for Elan Financial after a download to Quicken always ends in ".00" despite the fact that when I go online to my account on the web the balance does have cents. Why is Quicken dropping off the cents and rounding to the nearest whole dollar? For me, this just began about a week ago.

[Merged Post]

• Kurt Knudson
    Kurt Knudson Member ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

My Fidelity Visa account's balance just started to show nothing beyond the decimal point. It is always .00. It's not rounding the value it is dropping off the amount.

I've seen other posts reporting this issue some back in 2022. Is there a fix for this? My account worked until last update.

[Merged Post]

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

See below and Quicken Anja's response.

[Merged Post - Edited for Readability]

• dkarthau
    dkarthau Member
    Options

I have the same issue.

• Harold Rosenbaum
    Harold Rosenbaum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Seen a lot of discussion about this in the community. Mine started earlier this week. Ticket # 10926270. Just wanted to know when I can expect this to be fixed. I went through the steps and created a test company all to no avail.

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    Options

Its back … same old problem with Elan Financial dropping the cents and rounding to whole dollar amount. Did an account reset no help, did a deactivate account and reconnect to set up online downloads but, online balance still rounding to whole dollar. You would think since this issue which returns every few months support at Quicken would figure it out fix it once again and provide us with a permanent correction. KReid

• Harold Rosenbaum
    Harold Rosenbaum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Following up with Support. Any resolution yet? I can keep PLUGGING cents as adjustments if that is what you recommend. Thanks for taking a look at this bug. Let me know when it's safe to reconcile Elan Financial again.

• CaptRon53
    CaptRon53 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having this same problem for about a week now. The online balance and Quicken balance match, but the reconsile balance shows $xx.00

• DVP
    DVP Member
    Options

Have same exact issue. Sent a report. Hope they fix this soon. It is VERY annoying

• steveisntbatman
    steveisntbatman Member ✭✭
    Options

Just one more to report this problem. I've put in a "report a problem" but since you all have also done so, it doesn't seem like that's of much use. Is this a problem with Elan Financial (Fidelity Rewards), Quicken, or some gremlin in between?

For the record, this is the only card or account doing this in Quicken. The rest are fine.

• edgy04
    edgy04 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have experienced this problem since March 13. A March 11 transaction posted on March 13, and the balance, which ended in .38, was reconciled successfully. A March 14 transaction that posted on March 15 was not reconciled. I have not been able to reconcile since then, as the balances have not matched.

I phoned the Elan number just now and explained the problem to a representative (Elizabeth, in case someone gets the same person on the line). She asked if I had checked with Quicken, and that's how I found this thread. She said she would check with their tech team, but 4 minutes later, the call was dropped.

It seems to me that Elan uses the same software as US Bank; we used to have a credit card with them (till 2022) and the statements looked exactly the same except for the name of the financial institution. Their support phone numbers is almost the same as Elan's, differing only in the last digit. The fact that this has not been reported for US Bank accounts suggests that the problem is at Elan's end.

• Jeepien
    Jeepien Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

When downloading transactions on both of my Fidelity Visa (Elan) cards, downloads had stopped for over a week—no errors, just failed to show any new transactions. I had to reconnect both accounts to get it working again.

Now, the online balance on both accounts is always being reported rounded down to a whole dollar amount. No error is reported during the download, but reconciling the account then results in an error of $0.99 or less, unless the current register balance happens to end in .00 by chance.

Going to the website shows the correct (unrounded) value.

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    Options

l see another week has gone by and the issue where the Elan Financial Visa online balance drops the cents filling with .00 continues. As many people comment both the Windows and Mac versions of Quicken have experienced this issue on and off for years. This is an inconvenience that seem to never get a permanent resolution. Occasionally we will see a qualified Quicken support person make a brief comment to this community but, it never seems to get timely and permanent resolution.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 10942446/CTP-9175 & 9521)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JoeSch
    JoeSch Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. I check that the difference is due to truncation and then I delete the Balance Adjustment after reconciling.

• Jeepien
    Jeepien Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had these Elan cards for many years and never had this rounding problem until now. But I sure have it now.

• duckcrest
    duckcrest Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had this issue for MONTHS. I reconcile monthly and every month have a few cents "balance adjustment". I could never figure it out until this month when I reconciled on the exact date the statement cutoff and there were no transactions on the card after that date. Then I could see clearly that Quicken is dropping the cents off of the "online balance". Quicken is thereby forcing me to reconcile to an incorrect balance! I would prefer to reconcile to the paper statement, but OH NO DON'T DO THAT! Then you end up with a mess forever. That's what happened with my PNC checking and savings accounts for literally years now. I carried a huge discrepancy for months last year, and finally gave up and made a balance adjustment. Now this year same problem, only w savings instead of checking. Too much time and trouble to "help" Quicken fix their myriad problems. Give me $2,500 (amount of my latest discrepancy) and maybe I'll spend a few hours of my precious time on solving your issues. I can tell you what I think Quicken's problem is: the program is too old. It's been patched and fixed too many times. Also, it tries to be too many things at once, ultimately failing in its basic intent. Almost as bad as Windows.

• jharle
    jharle Member ✭✭
    Options

You can resolve this issue by changing the connection from Elan Financial Services (which has the cents problem) to Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts as described in