PNC stopped working 3-27 or 3-28

Options
Lance R
Lance R Member ✭✭

Can no longer download my PNC data (CC). Quicken has access, verified in my PNC app, but I did remove and re-add and it sill will not sync. My subscription is due in 4 weeks, fix it or you will not get my $$. It is so frustrating as this happens too often.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Lance R,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are you getting any error messages/codes when you try to update your PNC account(s)? If not, then what is happening when you try to update (for instance, does it act like everything is working, then say 0 transactions)? If you haven't done so already, please follow the troubleshooting in this article on missing transactions/transactions not downloading.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• Lance R
    Lance R Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Timeout is the error. I did end up removing the account in Quicken in an attempt to get it working. I also removed Intuit access at the PNC level. I then added a new PNC account in Quicken, which took me to my PNC login. I logged in to PNC, authorized. I then went back to Quicken, which sat there for 30 seconds give or take and Quicken just gives a generic error about not being able to connect to PNC/timeout. I went back into PNC, Intuit was authorized. Quicken is simply not talking to PNC after authorization when updating (or now adding) an account.

• Lance R
    Lance R Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Copy of the generic error after authorization is grated at PNC when adding the account in Quicken.

• Lance R
    Lance R Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Also, the confirmation that Intuit is getting granted access. the issue is with your servers talking to PNC after activation.

• rgmccollum
    rgmccollum Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I am having the exact issue as Lance. PNC stopped updating so i deactivated the connection then tried to reactivate it and got same errors. PNC confirms it is authorized but Quicken spins a bit and has error. i also tried just doing add account and got the same results. help would be appreciated.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies @Lance R,

The error message in your screenshot is generally caused by something interfering with communication. To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Temporarily disable security extensions such as pop up blockers, ad blockers, and anti-virus extensions in your default browser.
    2. If the issue persists, try clearing cache and cookies on your default browser.
    3. If the issue still persists, try temporarily setting a different default browser.
      1. Browsers that are known to cause issues with OAuth are Brave, duckduckgo, and kaspersky's secure browser.

Please let me know how it goes!

Hello @rgmccollum,

When did you first start seeing that error message? If it has been going on for longer than 24 hours, then per the directions in this article on "It's not your fault" errors, please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance since they have access to tools we on the Community can't access and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Lance R
    Lance R Member ✭✭
    edited March 31
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

None of this helped. This is comm from your servers into PNC, not on my side, I can access just fine via browser, that is how I authorized your access. Intuit has been authorized.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Lance R,

Since the earlier troubleshooting did not correct the issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance since they have access to tools that we on the Community can't access and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• louguzik
    louguzik Member ✭✭
    Options

Wow, working with PNC is very difficult. I also started having trouble with not being able to do Web Connect to my PNC credit cards. I spent close to 3 hours on the phone with their no-help people on Monday April 1 2024. Now today Tuesday April 2 2024 Direct Connect has also stopped working. So now nothing is working with PNC. I contacted Quicken and they said this is a know problem with PNC's servers. I do have some accounts with Chase Bank and every thing is working fine. I told PNC no-support people this and they said they know nothing about it, I should move all accounts to Chase Bank.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @louguzik,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. Could you please provide more information about what is happening when your PNC accounts won't connect? Are you seeing any error messages/codes? If not, could you provide more detail what is happening when you try to connect?

I can see the Community alert that Support sent you refers to one very specific issue. Is this the error message you're seeing?

If you're not seeing that message, then the alert they sent you wouldn't apply.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• rich.capp
    rich.capp Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem downloading my PNC Credit Card Data. Please fix this error.

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem. Unfortunately, I had posted on another thread (2nd comment) before discovering this thread:

Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. I noticed my Quicken PNC balance was substantially less than on the PNC Card site. Quicken stopped the handshake around the 27th of March. I have tried to reset to no avail, reset the login handshake between the two entities and it simply comes up as a timeout error. I can access the PNC website fine and although I loathe the process, I can manually download a QFX file off of the PNC website. The problem with that method is every time you do that it will consistently download all the same transactions that you've already entered as cleared.

• edha
    edha Member
    Options

My name is Ed and I am having the exact issue as Lance. PNC stopped updating so i deactivated the connection then tried to reactivate it and got same errors. PNC confirms it is authorized but Quicken spins a bit and has error. i also tried just doing add account and got the same results. help would be appreciated. I have also elevated this to Quicken and as I am new here they sent me to this Community page. I feel like I'm getting the runaround on this issue. my Quicken my renewal is up next month and I'm thinking of canceling.

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No change this morning, 4/4/24. Still cannot connect with PNC Bank - Web Connect. PNC approved the connection but Quicken still errors out.

Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Lance R
    Lance R Member ✭✭
    Options

Opened a ticket via the application two days ago, CRICKETS. NOT ACCEPTABLE when you are a paying subscriber that you need to wait that long before contact is made. Intuit made its bed when they moved to this licensing platform, it meant not only do we need to pay every year, but they need to provide a better product and better service, simply is not happening.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not to pile on…but…I have been having the same issue for over a week.

I tried to re-add the PNC account and get the same error as reported by rgmccollum.

I did report the problem via the Quicken interface.

I am running Quicken R55.26 on Windows 11.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Opened a ticket via the application two days ago, CRICKETS. NOT ACCEPTABLE when you are a paying subscriber that you need to wait that long before contact is made.

When we submit a report via the Quicken application there is a message there that says we will never get a response to that submission. It is simply a tool that is intended to inform the Quicken development team of the issue so that they can look into it. If we want a response we need to talk or chat with Quicken Support ( https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support ).

Intuit made its bed when they moved to this licensing platform, it meant not only do we need to pay every year, but they need to provide a better product and better service, simply is not happening.

Intuit has not owned Quicken since 2016. The subscription model (not "licensing platform") was not introduced until 2018.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for the update @Quicken Anja. This Alert says that the following setup connections are affected:

PNC Bank - Web Connect

PNC Card Services Online

PNC Bank - Direct Connect

PNC - Virtual Wallet

Just wanted to let you and others know that I have checking and savings accounts set up with PNC in multiple data files with multiple PNC logins using both PNC - Virtual Wallet and PNC Bank - Direct Connect and have not been experiencing any connection errors or download issues with either one (well, I did have one day this past weekend were I got an OL-295 error code so no transactions were downloaded but the issue was not present when I ran OSU, again, the next day). So, this is not a universal issue with these two PNC connections.

It does seem to me from what I've seen in multiple threads that this issue is more pervasive with PNC Bank - Web Connect and PNC Card Services Online, neither of which I am using so I can't comment more regarding these.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My issue is with PNC Bank - Web Connect….

Quicken R55.26 on Windows 11

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FYI….Tried PNC Card Services Online and it failed with:

• cdrupp72
    cdrupp72 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue downloading transactions form my credit union. Since about 3/30, I have not been able to download transactions

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My PNC credit card finally started downloading again this morning.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yep….PNC Bank - Web Connect worked for me this AM, as well……

Thx

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here! Working this 4/5 AM.

- Jim S.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options

Issues like the one in this thread are usually specific to each financial institution. This thread is about a connection issue with PNC Bank, not about any credit union. I suggest you first search Community for issues being reported for your credit union or start your own thread. If you start your own thread, be sure to mention who the CU is, which type of account(s) you are experiencing, what error code(s) and/or error message(s) you are receiving and which connection method your account(s) are set up with. Then you should get responses that are applicable to your situation.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5
    Options

For those of you reestablishing the EWC+ connection with PNC, don't forget to verify (correct) the opening balance. Quicken continues to throw in an erroneous opening balance amount which will impact your reconcile.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It's not just with EWC+ accounts. It also happens with EWC accounts. It happens sometimes (more often it does not happen) when changing the connection method, when doing deactivate/reactivate and even sometimes when doing Reset Account.

It is why many recommend entering and saving the correct Opening Balance dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction before taking any of these steps. It is just a 1X process. Once it is in the Memo field it will always be there (unless one removes it at some time in the future).

• chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to establish a handshake and login fine today. All transactions downloaded. PNC Card Online.