Change color of blue line

Options
sstowe
sstowe Member ✭✭

I am visually impaired. I wonder if it is possible to change the color of "the blue line". Thanks.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@sstowe - When I look at an Account Register I see only a gray line (well, to me it looks gray) that is pretty thin and not very different from the lines separating all transactions.

But I am also seeing that future dated transactions are shaded while past dated transactions are not so for me it is easy to distinguish between them. You are not seeing something similar in your Account Registers?

Alternatively, you can change the color of the past dates transactions by going to Edit > Preferences > Register > Register Appearance > Colors > Select a color for each type of account > OK. I selected Green for my Spending Accounts and the picture above now looks like the following with the current date and all past date transactions being shaded in Green while the future dated transactions remain the same as they were before. Does this help you?:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Which blue line?

• sstowe
    sstowe Member ✭✭
    Options

In the register, there is a line deliniating transactions from today and past and future transactions. I like to see my bills "below the line" for the future. This line is blue. I have to squint really hard to see it. Thanks

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 4
    Options

Hello @sstowe,

Unfortunately, the feature you seek is not currently offered. Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding a similar topic instead.If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Alternatively, if this is not quite what you are looking for and wish to submit your own request for something more specific, then you can create your own idea post

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@sstowe - When I look at an Account Register I see only a gray line (well, to me it looks gray) that is pretty thin and not very different from the lines separating all transactions.

But I am also seeing that future dated transactions are shaded while past dated transactions are not so for me it is easy to distinguish between them. You are not seeing something similar in your Account Registers?

Alternatively, you can change the color of the past dates transactions by going to Edit > Preferences > Register > Register Appearance > Colors > Select a color for each type of account > OK. I selected Green for my Spending Accounts and the picture above now looks like the following with the current date and all past date transactions being shaded in Green while the future dated transactions remain the same as they were before. Does this help you?:

• sstowe
    sstowe Member ✭✭
    Options

I am laughing (ruefully) at myself. I never even noticed that the future transactions were a different color. When I change the color as you suggest, the difference is such that I like the way it looks and I can see very quickly want I want to see. Thank you for taking the time to suggest another way to do this!

This discussion has been closed.