Print Deposit Slips

Options

Quick Books is able to print deposits slips.

Quicken is halfway there in that it just needs to add 2 columns to a split transaction One for the who from and one to indicate if it is Cash, Check etc.

Quick Books already has the program to use this information for a deposit and to print it. You could use your own resources to update this.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Intuit doesn’t own Quicken, hasn’t for many years. New company is called Quicken Inc.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wish I could ask the entire community of registered Quicken Subscription users, not just the few of us who are actively participating in the Quicken Community

"In this day and age of electronic check deposits by smartphone app directly to your bank …
    How many of you actually need to create and print Deposit Slips?"

OTOH, there's a frequently discussed procedure about a method to handle multiple checks received in a day which need to be deposited at the bank using a Deposit Slip, thus making a single deposit transaction in your checking account.

Using an Intermediate deposit account (for HB&R, a.k.a. "Suspense Account"):

When you receive multiple payments by check per day but only make one summary deposit to your bank ...

- Create a manual (offline) checking account, named something like "Checks to Deposit" with an Opening Balance of $0.00

- When processing the received checks (e.g., when filling out the New Customer Payment form in Customer Invoices), deposit each check to "Checks to Deposit" instead of your regular bank checking account.

- At the end of the day, tally up all checks on your bank deposit slip. In Quicken, in the "Checks to Deposit" account make a transfer transaction "Daily Deposits" in the amount of your deposit slip. Put the amount into the Payment column. As category choose your checking account, surrounded by [square brackets], e.g. [ABC Bank Checking]. Verify that this reduces the balance in the "Checks to Deposit" account back to zero (or you have made a mistake somewhere along the way).

If you need a printed report, in lieu of a deposit slip, create a register report (CTRL-P from the above register), filtered to show only today's transactions.

Bottom line: Yes, if there were enough demand from all Quicken users for creating a Deposit Slip report from the above register, I'd also vote for it.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Based sole on the fact that this request has come up in the past a few times, but in total is about less than once a year on average, I would say the demand isn't there.

I would also say that I'm not surprised that Quickbooks and deposit slips are being mentioned at the same time. This much more likely to be a "business request" than what the average Quicken user would need in this day and age.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have found a holding account useful when using Quicken to manage a club or nonprofit, when you receive a lot of checks for dues or contributions that you want to combine into one Deposit and you want to keep track of who has paid.

But I don't see that as an application that Quicken targets.

QWin Premier subscription