Elan Financial CC-502 Again - Fidelity Credit Card

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16

Does your credit card show up in your online Fidelity.com account? If not, then you should contact Fidelity to get it linked to that Fidelity.com account. If that card is visible in your Fidelity.com account or after it becomes visible there, then it should be available to select for downloading via Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts. It is not and will not be available for downloading via Fidelity Investments.

Also, before proceeding to change from Elan Financial Services to Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts be sure to first backup your data file and then deactivate the Elan Financial Services connection.

If you are already downloading investments accounts via Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts and your Fidelity credit card is showing in your Fidelity.com online account but the card is not setting up with it, you might need to first deactivate Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts for all accounts and then do Add Account to get them and the credit card all set up in Quicken.

During the Add Account process Quicken should prompt you to decide what to do with the downloaded data. Make sure you LINK it to the existing account you already have set up in Quicken. Otherwise Quicken might add the download as a new Fidelity Visa credit card account.

Note: If your investment accounts are set up for downloading with Direct Connect via Fidelity Investments.

• Do not deactivate these accounts.
    • Do not select these accounts when doing Add Account for Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts. If you do your investment accounts will be changed from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect+ which supports Simple Investing only….it does not support Complete Investing….so you will lose your account register, historical transactions details will no longer be visible and future downloads will not include any securities transaction details.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• JHBaz
    JHBaz Member ✭✭

Same error accessing elan financial services after the latest quicken update. I have to start checking this community posts before doing any updates in the future. Please fix.

• BOB924
    BOB924 Member

Been getting this error over the last week, tried resetting but issue appears to be with the elan site.

• Eugene King
    Eugene King Member ✭✭

Same problem for the last couple days. 502 for Elan Financial services but I can logon as fidelityrewards.com .

• H.Richburg
    H.Richburg Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I've been experiencing the same issue for the last 2 days.

• ragush
    ragush Member ✭✭

Thanks so much. I followed your directions. Worked perfectly.

• kcburgess
    kcburgess Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Been receiving this error code since yesterday, 6/15/2024. There is no notice on Elan's site about system maintenance. Refreshing account had no effect.

• Yokahoma
    Yokahoma Member ✭✭

For 2 days now Quicken refuses to update my Elan Financial account.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭

All, try Boatnmaniac's recommendation. It worked for me

• Dave366
    Dave366 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 16

This not only worked for me, but also the instructions are super-clear and easy to follow. Fantastic post! Thank you.

Do you Boatnmaniac think we should switch all our Fidelity accounts (i.e., brokerage too) over to this connection method? I now use Fidelity Investments — Mac

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭

This method worked like a charm. Thank you for providing this solution.

• Wajeeh Bajwa (June 16, 2024 - 6pmET US)

• bobade
    bobade Unconfirmed ✭✭

Using Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Account to add a new account (instead of Elan Financial Services) worked for me. Thanks!

• BOB924
    BOB924 Member

This method worked for me, Thank you for providing this solution.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 16

I'm glad it worked for you for the credit card.

No, I do not recommend using this new connection with the investment accounts for two reasons:

1. Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts uses the EWC+ connection method (this is a QWin connection name….it is called Quicken Connect for QMac) which is slower than DC. Fidelity Investments and Fidelity NetBenefits are DC connections and DC is much faster and more reliable than EWC+/Quicken Connect during OSU.
    2. Fidelity Investments and Fidelity NetBenefits support both Complete and Simple Investing. Complete Investing has full transactions registers and individual transactions can be entered, edited and tracked Simple Investing has dashboards with no account register so there is no transactions entering, editing and tracking and there will be no transactions history. Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts does not support Complete Investing as it supports only Simple Investing. So there really is no benefit when using this connection for investment accounts.

• JHBaz
    JHBaz Member ✭✭

changed online services to Investments & Retirement Account instead of ELAN worked for me as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭

Here we go again, Elan Financial and Quicken aren't communicating with each other. (This time a CC-502 Error)

This seems to happen every few months.

I'm sure as always, we just wait, and wait and at some point it will start working again.

• Jim in Decatur
    Jim in Decatur Member ✭✭

This error is still happening today, Monday June 17 at 7:35 CDT

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am getting cc-502 every time I try to download transactions using the update function in Quicken for Windows

• Cris S
    Cris S Member ✭✭

I just upgraded to the latest version of Quicken for Windows (R57.16) over the weekend and immediately the CC-502 error returned for my Fidelity Rewards Visa account. I have seen this in the past and it eventually was resolved.

• This thread fixed my CC-502 issue with ELAN(fidelity) credit card which started 4-5 days ago.. Switched to Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts with no issues. Was able to select just the credit card account. All my other fidelity accounts are unchanged. Thanks for the help.

• vnolin11
    vnolin11 Member ✭✭

Elan Financial appears to be working. Successfully updated my account at 9:30am EST this morning

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 17

Looks like Elan's server maintenance has been completed. I ran OSU at about 8:30 a.m. CST in two different test files and Elan updated properly and downloaded new transactions in both of them. No issues identified.

I also did Set Up Now in another test file for Elan since during this server-down issue I had done Reset Account which deactivated the account. Set Up Now reestablished the connection with new transactions downloaded but there were a couple of relatively common issues identified:

1. The Opening Balance of the account was changed. (I had previously entered the dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction before doing Set Up Now so it was very easy to identify and correct this issue.)
    2. The cents of the Online Balance were dropped. I'm anticipating that this issue will be resolved either later today or tomorrow when I run OSU, again, because that is usually (not always) what happens.

I still recommend that the connection be changed to Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts because it sure seems to be a superior connection for this credit card. But at least it is good to know that Elan Financial Services appears to be working, again.

• Jim in Decatur
    Jim in Decatur Member ✭✭

This process does not work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

After I hit Add Account then I go to my browser and sign-on to Fidelity using my regular credentials, the "Sign in to Fidelity window in Quicken just spins until it times out.

• Dave366
    Dave366 Member, Mac Beta Beta

I am NOT getting an error today. Are you guys using the Fidelity method recommended by Boatnmaniac or going directly to Elan?

• Boatnmaniac

For those who were unsuccessful running OSU Elan prior to 8am this morning , you might want to try running OSU, again, now. The normal start of the business day here is 8am CST and the CC-502 Support Article says to try running OSU, again, "the next business day." Several, including me, have reported that OSU for Elan is now working properly.

• Boatnmaniac

@Jim in Decatur -

After I hit Add Account then I go to my browser and sign-on to Fidelity using my regular credentials, the "Sign in to Fidelity window in Quicken just spins until it times out.

This is a Quicken issue that sometimes happens when setting up an EWC+ account, it is not a financial institution issue. It used to be a significant problem during the 1st year that EWC+ was rolled out but I have not seen too many posts about this issue recently.

Sometimes trying to set it up, again, will work.

Sometimes changing the default browser will work. (The default browser can be set back to what it was afterward.)

• Alan11
    Alan11 Member ✭✭

I just tried OSU (1:08 pm 6/17) on my Fidelity Visa Elan account using the established EWC set-up and still am getting CC-502.

I'm on the East Coast. It's a minor annoyance since I know there are work arounds (kindly posted above for all to try!) but just wanted to chip is that nothing's changed for me since June 15, when everyone started to experience the same download outage.

I'll keep trying every few hours and report back anything unusual.

* * * * UPDATE 1/15 pm 6/17 * * * *

So this was really weird - but encouraging!

Just tried OSU one last time and got the CC-502 error. Just out of frustration, I went into the Account setting for the Elan VISA, and tried "Reset Account" which (typically) is a not-destructive way to check or fix bank connections.

Quicken ran me through One-Step Update as if it were the first time - which I thought was odd - but then after some roundel-spinning, the connection was successful! After waiting a few moments, closing and then re-opening Quicken, I re-ran OSU on the Fidelity Elan account and - it executed and completed perfectly.

I won't be so presumptuous as to make a recommendation - but this process seemed to work for me.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

We do now have an active alert regarding CC-502 (FDP-102) error messages with Elan Financial. You may follow this link to access that alert, you can also bookmark the alert for all further updates.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Cris S
    Cris S Member ✭✭
    edited June 18

Thanks for these instructions. I'm going to switch over to this connection instead of the Elan one as it has been so unstable.

This discussion has been closed.