TD Bank reauthorization failing (QWIN)

Answers

• I spoke with both TED bank and Quicken, this is a result of the big Microsoft failure that affected servers all over and is acutally NOT either Quicken or TD Banl but the aggregating 3rd party server having the problems. The solution mentioned above about exporting to QFX works for me and takes less than 5 minutes

• I'll say it again — having these issues with a 3rd party in between Quicken and our banks does not instill a lot of confidence when it comes to security.

If this problem cannot be easily resolved and functionality is broken for weeks, I'm not sure I want to put much faith into statements that assert that our credentials and banking security are guaranteed. Even if this starts to work again, I think I may re-evaluate my trust in the bank connections, and will just manually export the QFX files myself.

I'm nearing retirement, and there is too much at stake in my bank accounts and investments to trust a third party that can't even handle a simple connection protocol.

• This problem has been going on since 8/6!! I am very disappointed that Quicken can not resolve this issue in 10 days!!!!!

• Echotech01
    Echotech01 Member ✭✭
    edited August 16

I have been having the same issues with Quicken and TD Bank. I also have [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] and it is working fine with my TD Bank accounts so I believe it is on Quicken end. [Removed - Private Info/Rant] I did remove my TD Bank accounts from Quicken as I have found that in the past if there was an issue, my accounts where not properly updated and since this is more than a week , there is no way that there will not be download issues. The other issue is to complain to TD Bank that if Quicken and TD Bank do not fix the issue, then you will be forced to change institutions. Do not think TD Bank would like that alternative

• Skip H
    Skip H Member ✭✭

very good suggestion.. will consider if not fixed before the weekend… so terrible..

• juli887
    juli887 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Can we please have an update on this repair? We haven't been able to update our accounts for ten days. Quicken should update their customers at least once a day. We are paying for a service that we are unable to use.

• goingape
    goingape Member ✭✭

I use Quickbooks for the businesses that I manage. No problems with the TD bank connections for those.

• bvalebob
    bvalebob Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I just got off the phone with TD Bank Tech Support. She told me that the issue began 9 August with a Quicken update. They have been working on it with Quicken, however at this time there is no ETA for a fix.

It's quite hard to believe that Quicken has not been able to fix this. Looking at various bulletin boards, the problem is apparently not just with TD Bank. The TD Bank tech rep said Quicken has an announcement on their site about this and to keep checking there to find out status of a fix. I haven't tried to find this on the Quicken site yet.

So much for technology!?&?!?

• AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Member ✭✭
    edited August 16

[Removed - Off Topic/Speculation]

• LyndyB
    LyndyB Member ✭✭

@bvalebob

If it helps…. this is where I believe the updates are being posted…but it is not open forum for questions.

• I have also the same issues for 2 weeks and tried deacivating and then adding bank TD which was successful and then when update all accounts, I get all my accounts updated except TD.

• rocheden
    rocheden Member ✭✭

8/16 @9:24pm….TD Bank connection still not working.

Has there been any clarity around who is responsible and who is working on the problem?

• jantiki
    jantiki Member ✭✭

I resolved this issue as follows for my accounts. 2 cc accounts, 2 banking accounts.

The error was saying I had all accounts connected to TD Bank Credit Card.

In Settings, under downloads, I disconnected each account, then one at a time, I connected each account to TD Bank Online Banking and that Fixed it.

• juli887
    juli887 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I would also like to know if it is TD, then I am ready to leave them. It's so frustrating that Quicken won't even give updates.

• jantiki
    jantiki Member ✭✭

I resolved this issue as follows for my accounts. 2 cc accounts, 2 banking accounts, on Quicken Classic MAC

The error was saying I had all accounts connected to 'TD Bank Credit Card' and the reauthorization failed. 

In Settings, under downloads, I disconnected each account, then one at a time, I connected each account to TD Bank Online Banking and that Fixed it.

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭
    edited August 17

jantiki….Which connection did you use? Direct Connect or Quicken Connect?

• goingape
    goingape Member ✭✭

for some reason, I stopped getting notifications of new comments in this thread. I guess they are trying to slow down the fire that it’s causing. One thing this outage has taught me was to stop depending on Quicken. Haven’t been able to update like everyone else and it’s pretty frustrating. Have been using the software for 20 years along with QuickBooks.

• jantiki
    jantiki Member ✭✭

this fix used direct connect.

When I originally got the error the only connection option was quicken connect, Direct connect was greyed out.

• jantiki
    jantiki Member ✭✭

to clarify - when attempting to reauthenticate for all accounts that were included in the error, the only option was quicken connect, direct connect was greyed out. In the above fix I reconnected one account at a time and had the option for either connection, I chose direct connect.

• Randy Poe
    Randy Poe Member ✭✭

I am having this issue too. I have not yet tried the fix that appears in this thread and will attempt to do that shortly.

However, to me the larger issue, the most important one that is causing long-term customers (myself included) to reevaluate whether they want to continue being customers, is the lack of transparency. Quicken is telling us that TD Bank is aware of the problem and is working on it. People are apparently being told by TD Bank that nobody on their end is working on it.

That's a big problem. We need to know if Quicken IT is talking to TD Bank IT and whether they are moving toward a solution. You guys have a better reach into that department than we do, and we need you to help us get information. IS SOMEBODY ACTUALLY WORKING THE ISSUE OR NOT? That would seem to be a simple question and it's incredibly irritating that nobody at Quicken will answer it.

I don't mean "TD Bank says they're working on it." That's not satisfying if TD Bank says they aren't working on it. I mean that somebody on the Quicken team actually gets a definitive answer from TD Bank.

I appreciate that there was a 13 August update to the front-page notice at www.quicken.com/support. I've been checking daily since then to see if there's a further update. Not a fix, just an update. Please, I beg of you, keep that message updated.

• AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Member ✭✭

there are some issues they take years to fix.

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭
    edited August 17

If jantiki can fix this, why can't they? Has anyone else tried this fix? Any success?

• artdog
    artdog Member ✭✭

has anyone else been able to fix this?

• Echotech01
    Echotech01 Member ✭✭
    edited August 17

Almost 10 days and still no solution. [Removed - Rant]

• bmbkfc
    bmbkfc Member

As of 8/17/24 connectivity still not working. Both TD Bank and Quicken acknowledge the problem but give no etr. I haven't been able to connect to TD Bank since 8/8/24.

• JNCarter
    JNCarter Member ✭✭

Can someone from Quicken please provide some helpful information other than repeating the same blanket statement that keeps getting posted. As you can see from comments, this is severely disrupting our ability to keep on top of our finances AND causing severe frustration and burning time that I'm sure we all don't have. Silence is not the right approach here.

• AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Member ✭✭

The problem is not caused by TD Bank. Quickbooks works perfectly with TD Bank. THE PROBLEM IS WITH QUICKEN.

• Randy Poe
    Randy Poe Member ✭✭

I have not been able to get direct connect to work for me. When I try to connect that way I get "Action Required: You can now restore or set up automated access to your accounts from TD Bank Online Banking. Find out how at www.tdbank.com/securityupgrade."

That is not a working URL I'm not sure what action is required. So I end up going through Quicken Connect where it at least gets me to a login page and a security screen I can use.

Also, the fix proposed in this thread about restoring from another backup doesn't work for me as I have been unable to find those prompts on my Quicken for Mac. There is no "Advanced" button on any screen associated with backups

• Randy Poe
    Randy Poe Member ✭✭
    edited August 18

I couldn't get jantiki's fix to work for me, but I just posted a detailed description of my fix and the post disappeared. Here's a shorter version:

1. Attempt to download transactions. It fails.
    2. Attempt to reauthorize with "Direct Connect". It fails.
    3. Go over to your browser, login to TD Bank, and find your way to Account Options→Account Services→Manage Linked Apps→Financial Tool Access.
    4. You'll see Quicken. Hit the trash can to unlink it.
    5. Click on Financial Tool Access and you'll see a pending request from Quicken. Approve it.
    6. After that everything works great. Go back to Quicken and the login works, accounts update, etc.

I should note that my previous connection was Quicken Connect, using Quicken for Mac. If you already have Direct Connect you might see something different at Step 4.

I'm pretty sure that Step 2 is necessary to generate the pending request that you approve in Step 5.

• Randy Poe
    Randy Poe Member ✭✭
    edited August 18

[deleted. Never mind]