TD Bank reauthorization failing (QWIN)

Answers

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭

Has anybody had any success trying Randy Poe option?

• Randy Poe
    Randy Poe Member ✭✭

FIX FOUND!!!!

This is what worked for me.

1. First I attempted to update transactions. That failed in the usual way. But it gave me a "Reauthorize" button.
    2. I click "Reauthorize". When prompted, I choose "Direct Connect".
    3. I provide my login. That fails, with the "Action Required" message.
    4. Now I go over to my browser and log onto TD Bank manually from there.
    5. I go to Account Options → Account Services → Manage Linked Services → Manage Settings
    6. I see the Quicken connection. I click the trash can to "Unlink accounts".
    7. Then I click on "Financial Tool Access" and see there's a pending request from Quicken. I authorize it.
    8. Now I go back to Quicken where the Sign In window is still open. I click the Sign In button and this time it succeeds.
    9. I'm prompted to connect bank accounts to Quicken accounts but they all seem properly connected. I click the OK button.
    10. SUCCESS! Accounts appear to be updated!

• lmkheney
    lmkheney Member ✭✭

DIdn't work for me.

• Didn't work for me either.

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭
    edited August 18

K. Thanks. No offense Randy but I'll wait for Quicken/TD to come up with the fix so I have somebody to blame: AGAIN. I have since deleted all of my auto updates on all of my accounts. I have no faith right now in the security of this software. Will definitely be seeking a refund. :(

• lmkheney
    lmkheney Member ✭✭

Has anyone actually spoke to a support person from Quicken?

• lmkheney
    lmkheney Member ✭✭

So apparently Quicken has banker's hours.

Try calling tomorrow. (650) 250-1900

• jantiki
    jantiki Member ✭✭

I spoke to quicken support last Wednesday, all I got was it’s a known issue. She couldn’t tell me any more than what they posted. TD bank was working on it.

• bvalebob
    bvalebob Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Disgusting performance by both parties!!!

• juli887
    juli887 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Did this work for anyone else? I couldn't get it to work, even after deleting Financial Tool Access and retrying, but I still got the same denial.

• juli887
    juli887 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Quicken will edit posts but not give an update. Quicken, can we please at least have some kind of update? Acknowledgement? Something other than the post from the 13th SIX days ago?

• btlane911
    btlane911 Member ✭✭

Hi Loren:

Thanks. Also using Quicken Classic R58.9 27.1.58.9. Tried the copy workaround, but Quicken was unable to load the copy. Appreciate the info…

@Quicken Anja - Is there any update or ETA here? I've been using Quicken since 1993 and this is w/o question the biggest snafu I've experienced.

Is there any way top rollback the update that is seemingly causing the issue?

Thanks…

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

This issue with TD Bank is ongoing, though some progress has been made toward a resolution; the root cause of this issue is due to a problem in the data that TD Bank is sending to our service provider. We don’t yet have a date for this resolution. Some users reported unfamiliar or incorrect transactions in Quicken after downloading from TD Bank. These transactions, though incorrect, were not in any way a security concern, however, due to this incorrect data, and the potential user impact of needing to ‘weed out’ these incorrect transactions, our service provider temporarily disabled downloads while this issue is being fixed. While this is not strictly a Quicken issue, we know that this is frustrating. We will continue to keep you updated on this thread until the issue is resolved. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭

"Service Provider" does not give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

• This is ridiculous. I tried the Poe fix and it didnt work. They need to fix this, NOW!!!

• lmkheney
    lmkheney Member ✭✭

This is bull… We have been without the ability to download for over 10 days now. What are you doing to fix this? What are you doing to compensate for our inability to download?

• AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Member ✭✭

Quickbooks has had known issues that are unresolved for years. They have no incentive to fix this.

• AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Member ✭✭
    edited August 19

This is a lie. TD Bank communicates just fine with Intuits other software. This is solely a Quicken issue.

• lmkheney
    lmkheney Member ✭✭

Tried the work around once again and it still doesn't work.

• This worked for me Thanks!! I now have a Direct Connect to my TDBank accounts instead of the previous Web Connect

• lmkheney
    lmkheney Member ✭✭

This worked for me as well.

• goingape
    goingape Member ✭✭

The most recent comment left in the thread was 5 days ago? Also noticing a lot of "removed" posts in the thread. Its mot looking good.

• The exceeding long delay in resolving this issue is putting my business and my personal finances at risk. Help please, Quicken.

• This worked, I had to do it twice but it worked. Thank you Randy Poe!

• confirmed here also, I got it working, but it was janky and took me several tries. Very slow to update now, much slower than when it was working before.

• KATIELLEN
    KATIELLEN Member
    edited August 20

When is Quicken going to fix this problem? [Edited - Readability] I've been using Quicken for over 30 years and never had this bad of a problem before. [Removed - Off Topic/Speculation]

• Continuing and very frustrating. I understand you claim its your middle ware provider (previously your parent company) but that is no excuse. Fix it or replace them with someone who can provide the stability this software used to be known for. Refunds for this year are in order. Downloads have been fundamentally broken all year long with one problem after another.