TD Bank reauthorization failing (QWIN)

Answers

• AllenK
    AllenK Member ✭✭

Well others may have better luck but this is still not working properly. I was able to reconnect to TD Bank the other day, as I reported here. But no transactions were downloading and the balance being reported is way, way off. I just not tried again and no difference is seen. I tried to Reset in Edit Account Details | Online Services | Reset Account and I get an Account Reset Failed dialog box. I will not try to Deactivate at this time. When I run an Update, TD Bank comes back showing as Complete yet the balance shows as a negative amount, completely incorrect. Hope others have better results.

• artdog
    artdog Member ✭✭

allenk, I went into the TD website and had to approve the request. Even then, it wanted to add a new account in quicken when I went to reauthorize. I had to create a copy of my data file, and re-link to td because otherwise it would have created a whole new account in quicken.

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭

Still not getting any transactions on my windows quicken from TDbank after they said issue was resolved. Also still not seeing error codes in the one step update summary. (Haven't seen any for months, quicken told me they were disabled. )

• LyndyB
    LyndyB Member ✭✭
    edited August 23

Was able to relink all my accounts today with TD using Quicken for Mac using the Quicken Connect Aggregating service. All transactions downloaded successfully - no duplicates.😀

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭
    edited August 23

Wow! It's fixed? Already? Nice! :/

• achin
    achin Member ✭✭

Nope. Still not resolved. Tried to update and it failed. Tried to reset the account and got message . . .

• WRC
    WRC Member

Fixed for me. Thanks.

• achin
    achin Member ✭✭

Went into account list and switched my connection from from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect and it FINALLY allowed me to reauthorize and reset the account. Took a few minutes, but it now seems to be working and has downloaded transactions from the past 2 weeks!!! Argh.

• AllenK
    AllenK Member ✭✭

For some unknown reason, I had been on Web Connect for quite some time. I seem to recall that Direct Connect would not work for me in the past. But the other day I was able to connect via Direct Connect but no transactions would download and the balance shown was completely wrong. Anyway, I tried what achin suggested and it would not allow me to switch to Web Connect. I got back to Direct Connect again but of course no transactions and incorrect balance. Very, extremely, and in all other ways, hugely frustrating!

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭

16:30 on 8/23 still not working. tried to reconnect and got the error message and now the account is not connected at all. Instead of all this guessing maybe TD and quicken could post the right instructions to get us back on.

• juli887
    juli887 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited August 23

It's still not working for me, but now it doesn't error out, so it looks like it is working.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello All,

For those still experiencing this issue, which connection type are you using (Direct Connect or Express Web Connect+)? Have you tried switching which connection type you're using? If so, what happened when you switched?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tcrow409
    tcrow409 Member ✭✭

Quicken Kristaina and exactly how is that accomplished, switching from Direct to Express. When I go to account details-online services-reset account, I get a message that Quicken could not reset the account and if the problem persists contact Quicken support. Detail please on how to get my TD account not only connect to Quicken but also actually update data! This is more than frustrating.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply @tcrow409,

To switch from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect+, first, please backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate your account(s) with TD Bank. Once your account(s) with TD Bank is deactivated, please go to Tools>Add Account and select the financial institution you'd like to connect to.

If you're using TD Bank Online Banking, you will need to select Advanced Options, click Next, then make sure to select Express Web Connect.

Once you've selected Express Web Connect and you click next, it should prompt you to authorize through TD Bank.

Click Sign In and follow the prompts. Once you finish authorizing through TD Bank, if the window doesn't automatically close, close it and go back to your Quicken program. It should load an Add/Link page. Make sure to carefully link your accounts to the correct nickname in Quicken.

Note - Some financial institutions charge a fee for using Direct Connect. If TD Bank charges you a fee, and using Express Web Connect+ corrects the issue, then please make sure to let TD Bank know you're no longer using Direct Connect.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• pbryman
    pbryman Member ✭✭

Reauthorized TD web connect and it works now.

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    edited August 24

reauthorized TD Web connect and it works as far as data download, BUT it messed up the beginning balance by the amounts of the current months transfers between accounts. I had to go back and change the beginning account balances back to the original amounts. [Edited - Language]

• tcrow409
    tcrow409 Member ✭✭

Followed the steps Quicken Kristina showed and now have connection, and updates, from TD but like others have indicated, my beginning balances were all incorrect so had to manually adjust 4 accounts to get accurate numbers. Hoping when I update tomorrow all is good.

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

I was also able to relink my TD accounts today. In Quicken, I went to edit account, went to the online services, deactivated and then chose "set up account", then was able to log on to TD and was able to link my TD accounts. Connection method is Direct Connect. I had tried the reauthorize tab earlier, but had no luck since when it connected to TD bank, none of my TD accounts were showing. You've all probably seen this other discussion where the final comment shows it being resolved, but it took playing around in Q to make it work:

• juli887
    juli887 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

tcrow409, Thank you for asking for this. You would have thought they would include the directions in the post saying the error is repaired. Let's hope this sticks and still works on Tuesday.

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

@username - when you got the first screenshot that you showed as "Add Account" in your above post, did you click on the "advanced options" at the bottom left before continuing?

Also, before doing anything, I had to right click on each TD account [select edit/delete account] comes up at top, clear out all the fields in right side of the "general" tab for each of my TD accounts Account Details first (financial institution, account number, routing number), before starting to relink Q to TD. This worked for me…. at least for now!!

• knute97
    knute97 Member ✭✭

Kristina,

I am using Direct Connect for my TD Bank checking, savings and credit card.

1. Doing a 1 step update for these accounts completes immediately with no transactions.
    2. Doing an account reset fails with an error message box.
    3. Updating the accounts using Express Web connect seems to link, but I cannot link the update to the existing accounts. (The Link To drop down does not show the desired account).

• Quicken both the ONLINE and WEB CONNECT services still not working, so I can NOT update my accounts. This is almost a month old problem, TD Bank indicates its Quicken Server Problem and Quicken indicates it's TD Bank issue. What gives? Will we ever get this service back? Manually entering the info defeats the reason for paying for Quicken services. Please advise what's going on?

• TD Bank disconnect! After almost a month and still no answer to the problem!! This is unacceptable!! TD Bank says it's not their fault and you blame it on them. I don't care who is at fault - you need to fix this issue. Reauthorizing account access through TD Bank never completes and stays in an endless loop (see screen shot). Needed to use task manager to cancel out of the loop. Why am I paying by the month for a service I'm not getting? I paid ONCE for the old version and it worked fine! Just when is this issue going to be fixed?

• Quicken Kristina

Hello All,

If you are still experiencing issues connecting with TD Bank, or it's acting like it's connected, but not downloading transactions, please provide details on exactly what steps you have taken so far (for example: did you reset the account(s), was the account(s) already disconnected, did you re-add the account & if so which connection method did you use, etc.).

Hello @knute97,

Do you recall the exact error message/code you saw when you tried to reset the account?

You mentioned that using Express Web Connect+ doesn't give you the option to link to the correct accounts in Quicken. Was it seeing an incorrect account type? Did you backup your Quicken file and deactivate the TD accounts that were connected by Direct Connect before you tried connecting via Express Web Connect+?

Hello @John Beau,

Are you trying to reconnect using Express Web Connect+ or Direct Connect? Has it been doing this endless loop when you try to reconnect for a month? If not, do you recall when this specific issue with it getting stuck while looking for your accounts started?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭

TD bank never processes any transactions PM Sunday or AM Monday, so the next creation of transactions for download to quicken will be Monday night/Tuesday morning: that's when I always expect to see transactions from the previous Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

• One month without being able to download transactions into Quicken. I haven't tried all the workarounds people have suggested — too technically timid, afraid I'd take a step incorrectly and bollux up my account irreparable — but I don't see any sign that anything works permanently or for everyone. Quicken, have you created an update that is so buggy that it has destroyed your program?

• tcrow409
    tcrow409 Member ✭✭

newsbug, the solution from quicken kristina, followed exactly, has resolved my connection issues. The first time I tried it I neglected to go to 'advanced options' on the TD website and did have issues but once I did that downloads worked. My first one was on Friday and as vikingsail indicated, noting uploaded until this morning. And those uploads concurred with my online TD account. As long as you've made a backup of your data prior to making the changes, you can always revert to that if you do something incorrectly and screw up your account. Don't try the 'workarounds' suggested earlier, just follow quicken kristina's and hopefully you're back online.

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭

If you did not get transactions today go into tools:schedule updates and check to be sure that tdbank is checked, it wasn't for me and once checked the next update worked fine.

• D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭

@Quicken Kristina - before I knew what the issue was, I tried to disconnect and reconnect online services with TD Bank. I later read I shouldn't have done that. I've been updating manually ever since the TD issues started. Today, I backed up the file and tried reconnecting; it set up the account with Direct Connect automatically. I normally use Express Web Connect, but decide to give it a try. No transactions were downloaded and the balance was not updated. So I tried changing to EWC. I successfully logged into to TD and accepted access for Quicken. Then I got the error below. This has happened each time I try to reconnect. I followed the steps completely, so I'm not sure what I should do differently. Another side effect is that Quicken is completely locked and grayed out - I cannot close any window or click anywhere. The only way out is to kill the process. Help!

• John Beau
    John Beau Member
    edited August 27

Quicken Kristina: Here is a visual of what happened today. (Obviously still no connection.) My accounts are still not updated!

[Edited - Removed Personal Information]