TD Bank reauthorization failing (QWIN)

Answers

• I'm very concerned that this problem has still not been resolved. Now when I try to reconnect my accounts are found but I'm not allowed to link them to my existing accounts in Quicken.

I've gone back and forth between the bank and Quicken, and TD Bank is insisting this is not a problem on their end, but is a problem from Quicken. Nobody wants to claim responsibility for this ongoing issue. All I know is TD Bank is my main bank and I have four accounts there. This is a major inconvenience and I'm not hearing that any progress is being made.

• tcrow409
    tcrow409 Member ✭✭

I've run into the same issue as Joe. Reauthorizing the TD account shows my accounts so quicken has a connection to TD but as with you, I cannot link to my existing account in quicken, only option is to add, which I assume means a new account,to quicken which I assume will totally screw me up with my existing account so I'm impatiently waiting for SOMEOME at QUICKEN to take responsibility and give us a realistic update other than the TBD from 8/13.

• D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭
    edited August 20

RDA's fix didn't work for me either. When I try to reconnect my account, I get an error saying "Quicken is having trouble connecting to TD Bank Online Banking". Trying the second time, I get "Sign in to TD…failed" and underneath it says it failed due to time out or connection error with an option to sign in via the browser. Doing that just returns you to the same connection failed error

• phorsting
    phorsting Member ✭✭

I'm just exporting transactions from the TD Bank site and importing them into Quicken. Works fine until they get this problem fixed.

• Solga
    Solga Member

I see the on going issue with Quicken between TD Bank. The post list quicken windows. Does his also Mac because I have the same problem.

• Me_Quser_pf2
    Me_Quser_pf2 Member ✭✭

I followed RDA's instructions and have been successful in re-establishing the link between all my TD accounts and Quicken. Fingers crossed it sticks!!!

• RDA’s instuctions worked for my Quicken MAC, basically just deleting the Web Connection that is shut down at moment and utilizing the Direct Connect option which is working fine while linking my existing TD accounts back to Quicken.

• saskgal
    saskgal Member
    edited August 20

Sooo … when can we expect to be able to download data from TD bank accounts? as a regular subscriber (paid up until May 2025!) and a Quicken user for decades, it is time to start asking for a refund on services we have been promised but not received, and look at other options to manage my finances, as this is just not good enough service! [Edited - Readability]

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭
    edited August 20

If users have found solutions, or, things that are working to re-establish connection, why isn't Quicken throwing out an approved work around for 15+ year paying customers? Hmmmm?

• I have been a Quicken for Windows user for 20 years however there seem to be a never-ending series of tech issues (TD Bank the latest) and downgrades (loss of Direct Connect and thus billpaying from the Quicken register for all my financial institutions) that makes me question whether to continue with Quicken. Whereas Quicken was my financial control center, it is now easier to work thru the financial institution's own interface.

C'mon Quicken, either you work seamlessly and universally or else you will become obsolete like so many other discarded apps. And your inability to communicate with us reflects your lack of understanding of the critical nature of this problem. I won't renew until I see this resolved.

• Ecab
    Ecab Member

I've tried RDA's fix several times and I can't get it to work. This is beyond frustrating.

• juli887
    juli887 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
  • achin
    achin Member ✭✭

I have 2 separate company's I track with Quicken and both have TD Bank accounts connected to them. Somehow one has been downloading fine this whole time, but the other one cannot connect with TD bank for the last 10+ days. It keeps asking for 'reauthorization', but when I go to reauthorize, it wants to add the accounts and cannot see that they already exist. BTW, the TDWealth account downloads fine. It's the TD Bank one that's at issue. WTH????

• SEW18
    SEW18 Member

FWIW: Since this (still unresolved) problem has surfaced, I've been using the "Export" feature on the TD website to keep my records current. It's a PIA, but at least it works.

• goingape
    goingape Member ✭✭

This has created a nightmare for my TD accts in my quicken file. After the attempts to manually import files from the bank and the other fixes mentioned, I have so many entries. Some duplicate, some showing as cleared, some that I didnt catch when manually entering daily transactions from TD website. What a mess. I am considering opening an account with a different bank although there are no convenient ones to my location besides TD. I am looking for alternatives to Quicken if anyone can suggest a good one. One out of the few of my Quickbooks Companies has troubles connecting to TD now, but some have no problems at all.

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭
    edited August 21

Very sad situation. Because all said, it's a pretty good product. To bad many will not be renewing subscription due to poor and incompetent managing of this and past issues. NOT A RANT! Just an observation. :(

• Just FYI RDA:

My Direct Connection using your work around is still working today, downloading most recent transactions and updating online balance

• Al Litter
    Al Litter Member ✭✭

I am also having this problem with TD Bank. And had issues with Valley Bank last month. That is still not fixed. It appears that soemthing has changed either on the banking side or quicken side or both. I was told to contact Valley directly as Quicken would not reach out to them. Thye are still 'working" on the issue. This is crazy. Quicken used to be so great, now I am not so sure.

• Al Litter
    Al Litter Member ✭✭

I was told this to do this to fix an issue with Valley Bank. Caused me huge issues with categorization. And my Valley Bank issue is still not fixed.

• achin
    achin Member ✭✭
    edited August 22

I don't know if this is progress, but I just disconnected and tried to re-connect/reauthorize my TD accounts on Quicken and this time, at least, it can see and identify the accounts in my Quicken file and allow me to link them. In previous attempts, I was only given the option to 'add' the account even though the account already existed…….However, it didn't download any new transactions when I tried to update…..

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

Please be aware that this issue lies on TD Bank's servers, which Quicken does not have access too. Also, please take note that this issue has now been extended to affecting Direct Connect as well. Due to that, we do not recommend attempting to switch to Direct Connect as that will not help this issue. However, not every user will experience this issue, hence why there may be some users who utilize Direct Connect who are not experiencing any issues. For any further updates or information, please follow this link to bookmark the alert.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Hi All, We’ve received word from our service provider that the connection to TD Bank is being re-enabled. Please check out the new update on our alert for the latest details. Thank you!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tcrow409
    tcrow409 Member ✭✭

I saw that alert yesterday but while Quicken connects to TD I'm not getting any new data downloads. Tried as recently as 7:30 est today and still no data. Anyone else experience this?

• AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Member ✭✭
    edited August 23

I’ve used quicken and quickbooks for many many years. [Removed - inaccurate]

• Dave NH
    Dave NH Member ✭✭

I am back up and running this morning. One thing to share though, I had 2 accounts connecting to TD Web connect and 2 connecting to TD on line banking. The 2 connected to TD on line banking did not work. I deactivated those accounts and re connected to TD Web Connect and now all 4 accounts seem to be working. Good luck!

• Tom Connell
    Tom Connell Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 23

still not downloading or updating the online balance for my TD account. I have not changed a thing since this issue started, assuming that once Quicken and TD fixed the problem things would resume working normally. Waiting to see if Intuit says to do anything to get it working now that a fix was supposedly made.

• I too changed my connection from td online banking to web connect and all is well now

• Same experience as Dave NH. Initially connected via direct connect but didn't download transactions. Switched to Web Connect and now it appears to be working. Fingers crossed that it continues to function properly.