Discover Card CC-502 Error

Discover Card CC-502 Error

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is now a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭✭

Yes same here. No downloads from Discover Card for a month.

• Dom Fino
    Dom Fino Member ✭✭

Same here. Discover Card and Discover Bank not downloading.

• Quicken Anja

Hello All,

First, please review this support article regarding error CC-502.

We will also be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• irasend1
    irasend1 Member, Windows Beta Beta

Same issue. Started three days ago.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭

I cannot download from Discover either.

• eghanson
    eghanson Member ✭✭✭

Can’t add or download from Discover for 2 days now. Had problems with other Discover Quicken downloads for months now.

• Karl-D
    Karl-D Member ✭✭

same, started today cc-502 w Discover Card

• BillW2
    BillW2 Member ✭✭

Me too. I've gotten the CC-502 error on scores of attempts to update my two Discover Card accounts. This started yesterday for me. I think it worked two days ago on August 13. I tried the refresh procedure as described in the support document for CC-502, and it did not work for me. I am able to log into my Discover accounts, so nothing has gone wrong there. I've made an error report with uploaded log files as directed by the support document for CC-502.

Please give this bug top priority. Discover Card has to be on the short list of the most commonly updated financial institutions for Quicken users.

• QuestionMark
    QuestionMark Member ✭✭

Here we go again… I closed my Discover Bank accounts due to the last round of these errors when you have/had both Discover Bank and Discover Card accounts in Quicken. My last Discover Card downloaded transaction was 8/11/2024. I may not have had any transactions on the 12th, but definitely on the 13th that is still sitting in my Discover web portal.

I have tried to re-add Online Services for Discover Card, using Discover Card as my FI, and get the, servers unavailable error.

When I re-add by using Discover Bank as FI, it adds successfully, Links to existing, updates online balance; but no new transactions.

I'm not feeling confident about this already.

• Richard Kent
    Richard Kent Windows Beta Beta

Me too.

• dolomoid
    dolomoid Member ✭✭

Me too. Used the Quicken report error feature. Guess I'll just have to use the Discover web site until this is fixed.

• phonemanalex
    phonemanalex Member ✭✭

Discover cc-502 for almost a week!!!🤬

• OpusDB
    OpusDB Member ✭✭

Ditto - my last successful download from Discover was 2 days ago - submitted report!!

• Same, 2 days ago, so annoying

• SPSchnoor
    SPSchnoor Member ✭✭

I also experienced the CC - 502 issue with my discover card account starting yesterday 05/15/24. Now this morning I'm getting a CC - 505 error for Discover card.

• hobiemountaincats
    hobiemountaincats Member ✭✭
    edited August 16

My Discover card stopped downloading transactions about 3 days ago. Is there anywhere this information about Discover stopping support for Quicken is posted? Can anyone from Quicken confirm this? Also please provide details on a way to correct this and the procedure to reestablish downloads. Thanks.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @hobiemountaincats,

I merged your post with the current discussion on the issue you're encountering. To help us further investigate this issue, please follow the directions from this earlier post:

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• westelsdon
    westelsdon Member ✭✭

I had the same problem starting on 8/15. Have been having trouble with my Discover Card on and off for the last year where I get this darned CC-502 error. I spoke with twice with people from Quicken in the past and they were no help. The update would eventually work on the second time I tried updating the account. I stopped complaining about it and then 6 or 8 weeks ago some miracle occurred and updates happened without needing to do it a second time. Then, of course, I got the dreaded CC-502 again yesterday and no amount of retrying the update process made it work. Sigh

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16

Discover has not stopped supporting Quicken.

Have you been getting any error codes or messages? If so, what are they?

What types of Discover accounts do you have that you want to download?

Which Quicken financial institution have you been set up with? (You can find this information in Account List or on the General and Online Services tabs of Account Details.)

At the top of the Account Register on the left side just below the Account Name: What does it say the date/time of the last download was? What does it say the connection method is (it will be in parenthesis right after the last download date/time)?

[Merged Post]

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• hobiemountaincats
    edited August 16

I am getting a 502 error when running OSU and then I get a 502 or 505 error when running update from the register. Last update was August 14, 12:15 PM Express Web Connect. Discover Card transactions are what I'm trying to download. Also have a Discover Bank register but download those manually. Financial Institution is Discover Card. 

As for troubleshooting: Called Discover - no help there, they say call Quicken. Have restarted quicken multiple times. Sent logs and issue report to Quicken. Have NOT tried to disable connection and reestablish. Want to talk to Quicken support before trying that. Tried running from OSU and also from register. All other accounts are fine.

[Merged Post]

• hobiemountaincats
    edited August 16

[Removed - Duplicate Post]

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is now a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

A new Alert on this issue has just been posted: NEW 8/16/24 Discover Card - FDP-102. (It says FDP-102 error code in the title but it also says CC-502 error code in the test of the Alert.)

If OSU and Update Now are not working for you, the only troubleshooting step I would possibly consider doing is Reset Account (from the Online Services tab of Account Details). It is not recommended to deactivate/reactivate the account when CC-502 error code is present as that might cause other issues.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Thank you for the Reset suggestion. I am also seeing the FDP-102 error in the CustomerCentralError.txt log. Thanks for the update on the new Alert

AGGR_STATUS_CODE : FDP-102

As it's also been identified as a known issue now I may just let it sit a couple days and hope for the resolution. Otherwise I may do that Reset and update.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭

I noticed when I logged into the Discover website, Quicken is no longer listed for 3rd party access. It states that it needs to be initiated from the 3rd party software i.e. Quicken to be granted again.

Hope this helps troubleshoot this issue.

• Was able to correct recurring Discover Card CC-502 Error today Aug 16 by:

Deactivating Discover Card account.

Deactivating all Discover Bank accounts.

Reactivating one of the Discover Bank accounts, which then allowed me to link to ALL the existing Discover accounts including the Discover Card account.

The Discover Card account now updates under the Discover Bank family of accounts.

• davemize
    davemize Member ✭✭

This also worked for me just now. We'll see if it lasts, Discover has been really flaky for me for months. Thanks!

• Dom Fino
    Dom Fino Member ✭✭
    edited August 17

I just tried it. All the accounts (Discover Bank and Discover Credit card). Discover Credit Card updated the balance but did NOT load and transactions since 8/6/24. I am not sure how the balance can show correctly with a dozen or so missing transactions. Absolutely disgusted with the entire mess.

• QuestionMark
    QuestionMark Member ✭✭

Negative for me. Updates "Online Balance" without error, but doesn't download any transactions. Same as months ago.

Mark