[Resumed] Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and Quicken Mac, $0 balance and download failure

earlwsd
earlwsd Member ✭✭

For almost a year now, Intuit has known about the failure of Quicken for Mac to update Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) accounts (it appears to complete successfully, but still downloads a $0 balance and no transactions). Discussion thread after discussion thread has been marked "CLOSED" by Intuit, despite no resolution and no updates from Quicken Anja in quite some time. Large numbers of users are affected. For example,

and

And the old Quicken Alert about this topic now leads to a broken link, https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7941003/new-10-5-23-thrift-savings-plan-shows-0-balance-when-adding-investment-accounts/p1?new=1

What is going on here? Does Intuit have any plans to fix this issue, or has it just been buried in a large pile of "someday = never" bug reports? This is getting ridiculous. PLEASE?!?😩

Comments

• Hello @earlwsd,

To answer your question, the Community Alert is no longer visible because the issue was marked as resolved and the alert was archived. I can see that the internal ticket associated with the issue was re-opened recently due to people reporting the issue is still happening. If you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached, and please include CTP-7878 in the description of the issue, in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-7878)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@earlwsd Just for your future reference, Quicken and Intuit are two separate entities. Quicken is the company which creates the Quicken (technically now branded as "Quicken Classic") software. Intuit was the original owner of Quicken, but sold off Quicken as an independent company more than 8 years ago. However, Intuit's name pops up when discussing connectivity issues, because Quicken contracts with Intuit to handle all the connectivity with financial institutions. (Quicken itself is a fairly small company, and couldn't handle connectivity to 10,000+ financial institutions on its own.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • earlwsd
    earlwsd Member ✭✭

Understood, Quicken is not Intuit anymore, I could have been clearer…but the underlying issue remains, and it's Quicken's responsibility to make their software work properly by coordinating with their contracted data provider Intuit.

I have filed a bug report under CTP-7878 as suggested, thanks Kristina for your reply. I encourage other people still seeing this bug to do the same.

Now let's see this fixed please before even more months go by, with no more premature "it's fixed" closures! You might even keep a beta/tester list from the bug report providers to verify real-world performance after the next fix attempt, before announcing it.

• PCWrob
    PCWrob Member
    edited September 14

Same issue, and I have an HUGE problem with Quicken continuing to say they're working on it, [Removed - Speculation]. This is a dealbreaker for me. We're supposed to be able to easily access ALL our finances in one place, and Quicken is not holding up their end of the bargain. When I check in with TSP, or search for answers elsewhere, I find TSP doesn't want to "play ball," because they are trying to keep operating costs down, and one of their personnel was quoted as saying something like, "…and not may people are asking for this service." I call [Removed - Language], but feel the onus lies with Quicken as they are the entity touting their user-friendliness and capabilities. [Removed - Rant]

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@PCWrob So TSP doesn’t give Quicken (Intuit) proper access, but it’s Quicken’s fault for not making it work despite this? Right.

I get it that it’s frustrating. I understand that this may make Quicken less useful for you and a small percentage of people. But blaming Quicken for something beyond their control doesn’t make sense to me.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭

I just converted from windows to Mac and was able to at least add my balances manually (it at least showed my gains or losses from day to day). Any idea how to do that in the Mac version while we are waiting for the download issue to be resolved?

• redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

I have the same issue with Voya. It shows a zero balance. I have made several reports to tech support and sent log files. This issue has been going on for months. It should have been resolved.