Barclays Bank Accounts not downloading

I've been getting connect errors with Barclays since they combined their cards, savings ..

I get the following error when I try to download .. even though I DO NOT have Barclay cards, they direct both cards and savings accounts to the Barclaycard website …

We were unable to connect to Barclaycard.

Please try again later.

If this issue persists for more than 24 hours, please contact Quicken Support and report this error code and institution name.

Care Code: FDP-163

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @flyfishertn,

When Quicken's financial data platform (FDP) is unable to connect to your bank account for recent transaction information, you’ll receive a message with an FDP-163 error in the program. This is usually caused on the bank’s end — Quicken is blocked from connecting to the account. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information.

As per the FAQ: If you receive one of these errors, please wait 24 hours and then try again. If the issue still persists after this time period, please contact Quicken Support.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DRCKW
    DRCKW Quicken Windows Subscription Member

same problem here. i try multiple times but Quicken keeps going to the old website link, not the new one.

• jbowler
    jbowler Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Click "start over" when it comes up with the failure message. Select "Barclays Bank Delaware". That will take you to the CC login however there seems to be a bug; it doesn't show the bank accounts (only CC accounts).

You may not get the "Start Over" button if you don't have credit cards. This is a bug in Quicken; I get "Start Over" with my wife's login (she has CC and a savings account) I just get a Quicken "try again in a few hours" error with my (new) CC login; I don't have any credit cards. The same applies to the "change your password" message which is what you get with the old login (no, changing the password is not even possible!)

Clearly Quick needs to fix the bug which causes "online setup" to use the old information (the old URI) and not simply keep using it. To fix it change the "financial institution" field to Barclaycard or delete it; the former gets the correct web site the latter gives you the full choice.

Clearly Quicken needs to fix the bug where even if the login is entered correctly if it doesn't find any accounts there (because the list does not include the savings account) Quicken needs to display a meaningful message.

Clearly Quicken needs to remove "Barclays Online Savings" as a financial institution; Barclays have removed it (as we all found out the hard way!)

Clearly Barclays needs to fix savings/bank account downloads so they work with Quicken; they used to work.

Clearly Barclays needs to fix their customer support to not require waiting for 40 minutes followed by a timeout. Incidentally the credit card telephone support works but, guess what, despite the unified login the credit card guys won't help with the savings account. They will transfer you directly to the savings guys with the assurance that it is a direct transfer. Guess how long the wait is! (I don't know, I gave up after 30 minutes.)