Quicken Rental Properties Management (RPM) for Mac. (25 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
I love using quicken for all of my personal finance but I had to use another program to track my rental accounts. I would love it if there was a Quicken Rental and Properties Management for MacOS, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who have rental properties and use macOS. Thanks
18 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 10 Feb 23 - QMAC-25044

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled quicken rental property manager 2017 for MAC.

Can you please make a Quicken Rental Property Manager for MAC!! Need ASAP!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I am also looking for Quicken Rental Property Manager for MAC. Cant understand how this is not in production when you have several other products for MAC. I guess ill take business elsewhere, sad!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I also need it. The only reason I was buying quicken was that. Surprised you have not created again
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Quicken Inc only sells two products for Mac.  Quicken 2007, and the current Quicken 2017.  You must be thinking of Intuit, and those "products" are in fact QuickBooks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

"you have not created again"  There has never been a Rental Properties Management program for Mac.  If fact there has never been a Quicken Mac that has as much features as Quicken Deluxe Windows.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Like many people out there, I switched to a mac almost 10 years ago, wont ever go back to a PC based computer. What would it really take for a software manufacturer with a program like Quicken Rental Property Manager and have it IOS compatible? Really?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

@Robert you are naive about the effort involved.  You can't just take the Windows version and wave your hands and get a Mac version.  And BTW iOS is the mobile platform, not the Desktop Mac operating system.  They are completely different.

If you want to get an idea of what this kind of operation takes just look at the Quicken Mac history.  I will even throw away all the history with development between Quicken 2007 and Quicken Essentials, and even some of the "Dead time" between it and newer Quicken Mac versions.  But just taking this last phase of effort to get from Quicken Essentials feature set to current Quicken 2017 feature set has taken them, what 3 years now, right?  (or is 4?)

At any rate they are still not at the Quicken Windows Deluxe level.  Then there is the Premier, and then the Home and Business and then Rental Property Manager.  Each feature set builds on the ones below it.

People might come in here and say "It isn't that hard to add these features!"
    Well if that was true either Quicken programmers at the worst in the world, and why would you be asking them to do this for you?

OR maybe you might look and see that in fact NONE of the personal finances software out there has Rental Property features except for the Quicken Windows version.  And it got it after many, many years of development.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Just keep in mind that to make your voice count, you actually have to click VOTE at the top of this page.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I need a Mac version for my rental business.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Can you please make a Quicken Rental Property Manager for MAC!!??? I know you are busy working on the other Quicken programs but I would LOVE to see you get to the RPM for MAC as soon as possible...I hate keeping my Windows machine just for RPM Thank you!!! :)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I agree we need Quicken Rental Property Manager for MAC. In this day and age more and more of my business friends are switching to MACs.  I have 2 but my 3rd system is windows (it's on it's last leg). I only keep it running for Quicken Rental Property Manager, Help us make our lives easier,,, Montana Fred
  • Brad1
    Brad1 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Voted.  Rental Property should just be a FEATURE subscription.  It's silly that we're still talking about differences between Windows and Mac versions, after Quicken supposedly was rewriting everything from the ground up with platform independent code.
    Agree that my vote only needs to be for Rental Property, I don't need the "Business" part that is in the Windows version.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Quicken supposedly was rewriting everything from the ground up with platform independent code.
    You misunderstood what the "rewrite" was.  It was a rewrite of Mac, started in 2008.
    Quicken Windows has not been rewritten, and neither is "platform independent code".
  • Brad1
    Brad1 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I must have misunderstood.  Or perhaps it was misrepresented.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

FYI, Quicken has combined the Business and RPM features into one edition as of 2018. I suspect it will end up the same for any Mac version. So you can add your VOTE for Home and Business (H&B) for Mac.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

This idea will eventually be added to the List of Requests for New Capabilities. Click on the underlined link, then click FOLLOW at the top of the page so you can be notified of any new related IDEAS to which you could add your vote when they are added. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Frankly at this point for the Home and Business I doubt voting matters.  If it isn't clear to Quicken Inc that tons of people want it, it will never be clear to them (I think they did get the message).

On the rental properties, it isn't a clear so voting that up makes more sense to me.
    But of course it will be the last thing they will put in.  Given current time tables I would think that is a long time off.

On the other hand I see people posting that they are using Quicken Mac 2007 to do track rental properties.  Well from what I know Quicken Mac 2007 doesn't even have all the features that are in the Windows Deluxe version, let alone any rental property features.

But it isn't really surprising for one or two rentals it is very possible to track rental properties in the Deluxe version.  The rental properties version just makes it easier to track more rental properties and provides other features that makes it easier.

Given that I would frankly be pushing for the features that are in Quicken Mac 2007 that aren't in Quicken Mac 2018 that prevent this kind of tracking of rental properties.  Much more likely to happen in a much shorter time frame.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I have 6 rentals I track in QM2007. I simply need and use Classes (like Tags) and Sub-Classes (no equivalent)...then I use the columnar style report to list categories and classes/subclasses to create my rental property Income statement...So those are the 3 things that are needed...

Classes (Tags) exist, Sub-Classes (sub-Tags???) do not and a columnar type report does not exist.

When converting over from QM2007 to QM2018, sub-Classes are converted to Tags, so a level of grouping and refinement is lost. The minimum thing needed would be to Improve Batch Editing to include changing Split transactions so that the Tag data can at least be cleaned up after the conversion and there needs to be a Columnar report (with selectable choices for rows and columns). IDEALLY either add sub-Tags or allow Tags to be grouped.

It would be EXTREMELY beneficial to also have the Ability to carry forward report formats from other versions to preserve these same reports already created.

I highly recommend that  people VOTE for each of the above items .This will help make the transition easier for you when you are ready to upgrade by seeking to have the features you are used to in QM2007 end up in the latest version.

First, click on each underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Data Entry and Usability Options and Features and/or the List of Requests for Report Related Features. Click on each underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. 

Your VOTES matter!

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Rental Property Manager for MAC.

Is RPM  for MAC available yet?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Rental Property Manager Availability for MAC.When will Quicken Home and Business with Rental Property Management be available for Mac OS?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Rental Property Manager for MAC.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I suspect it will be a LONG while... Development is still catching up to bring QMac up to speed with just QM2007 (and many features from QWin). So far this has taken years, though with a previously smaller team. 

Unfortunately, Quicken rarely pre-announces features so there is no telling at this point. 

• bpetrecc
    bpetrecc Member
    Please add RPM feature to Quicken for Mac!!!!
  • I echo the previous comments. C'mon Quicken, make a Rentals app for MacOS.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@ak49mitchell (and anyone else who has posted in this old thread: Quicken has announced they do plan on creating a Home & Business version for the Mac. At this point in time, we don't know what business features will be included, nor when they will start to be released.

Earlier this year, in announcing their plans to create this new version of Quicken Mac, the product manager created a thread to ask users what specific features they would expect/want/need. I strongly encourage you to view this post, read what has already been submitted, and add your own comments about the functionality you want to see in a home & business/rental property management version of Quicken.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993