Sync Quicken calendar with iCal and/or Google (24 Legacy Votes)

The Quicken calendar is one of the most useful (and unique) features in the product.  It would be extremely helpful we could sync the quicken calendar with iCal and/or google calendar.  The product can currently sync with a local Microsoft Outlook, but that means you have to have own a Microsoft Office license.  Sync'ing to a cloud based such as google calendar makes more sense these days.
6 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    For which product are you suggesting this? You mention iCal (Mac OS) but have marked this for QWin...please clarify.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• JonBass
    JonBass Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    iCal meaning icalendar internet calendar format. The product I have is windows home and business. But the request is universal for all product versions. Intellisync (billminder) which provided a means for sunc'ing quicken reminders with mifcrosoft offoce in the past, hasn't been a valid add-on product for some time. So the whole sync process needs to be re-thought and executed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    AGREED! I would like to "subscribe" to my Quicken calendar, as an ICS file, just view, not modify, so that I can see my upcoming bill payments on whatever device I use to look at my schedule (windows 10 mail, outlook.com, android, whatever)
  • Adrian Martinez
    Adrian Martinez Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Google Calendar sync (when?).

Years and years paying the yearly subscription to expect practical tools for us. Please please your investors. Thanks. 
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Calendar Sync.

What data are you wanting synced to google calendar? Are you wanting a two-way sync or just one-way?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Google Calendar sync (when?).

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Adrian Martinez
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sync Calendar.

Only detailed information about bills maybe?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Calendar Sync.
  • Adrian Martinez
    edited May 2018

One way to begin with... Q->GC

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Calendar Sync.
  • JonBass
    JonBass Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Quicken can currently sync to Outlook calendar.  The request is to have the option to use Google calendar instead.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Google Calendar sync (when?).
  • Pilotbum
    Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    100% agree... the exact same functionality as the Outlook sync but with modern online calendars. Who uses Outlook anymore? Like many Quicken features, the calendar sync is FAR OUTDATED
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Surely, the new subscription model is going to add features rather than just change the gui a little each revision.  This is a very worthwhile request.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

What data are you wanting synced to google calendar? Are you wanting a two-way sync or just one-way?

What is being sync'd with Outlook calendar?  That would be a start.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    if this were an option, i would actually subscribe to the new version. until then, i'll keep using 2017

• JonBass
    JonBass Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I’m the same. Until i see some real improvements in the mobile app or with how budgets are handled [removed] i’m sticking with my 2017 version.
  • SStajner
    SStajner Member

The other reason sync to Google Calendar or Iphone Calendar makes sense is the issue that I have now. I upgraded to the new Outlook 365 which is a 64bit program and there is no 'com add-in' for Quicken to sync to Outlook that is available. Some other choices would be being able to export the reminders to a file that can be improted into other calendars or create the 64 bit version of the 'Com add-in' that can be used with Quicken so that it can sync with Outlook 365.

• Xay
    Xay Member

Would love to have this feature. This would eliminate duplicate data entry for many that keep bill and income reminders in our native calendars. [Apple Calendar, Google Calendar].

• Xay
    Xay Member

Suggested Calendar Entry Display Format

For Income:
    [Income: Payor, Category, Amount]
    Income: Spacely Sprockets, Income, $8,523.00

For Bill or Expense:
    [Bill: Payee, Category, Amount]
    Bill: State Farm, Insurance:Auto, $125.23