Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.6.2 & v5.6.3 Released

13»

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Quicken Marcus There seems to be a disconnect between version #'s and Release notes
    Release Notes jump from v5.6.3 to v5.7 BUT users are reporting getting v5.6.4 and v5.6.5 NOW for which there are no Release Notes. Please clarify.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken Kathryn
    edited July 2018

Quicken Marcus There seems to be a disconnect between version #'s and Release notes
    Release Notes jump from v5.6.3 to v5.7 BUT users are reporting getting v5.6.4 and v5.6.5 NOW for which there are no Release Notes. Please clarify.

Hi smayer97,
    The release notes for 5.6.4 and 5.6.5 are available on the release notes FAQ:
    Are you unable to see them?
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2018

Saw the notes for v 5.6.5 prior to updating, checked version after the update , shows v5.6.5
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

The page has now been refreshed and the release notes for v5.7 have been removed and v.5.6.4 and v.5.6.5 have been added. So all seems as it should be now...  ;-)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2018

FYI, I just received 5.6.4, which isn't (yet) mentioned in the release notes.

Also, is the plan to release a new .x version every month? 5.6 was released over a month ago, so wondering if 5.7 is right around the corner...

@Just Learning: the typical period between new feature releases (e.g 5.5 to 5.6 to 5.7) probably averages about two months. Sometimes it's just over a month; sometimes it's been as long as 3 months. (Quicken 2017 got to version 4.6 over 12 months before it gave way to Quicken 2018; Quicken 2016 also got to version 3.6 over 12 months before it gave way to 2017.) The timing can depend on the complexity of the changes, whether there are delays waiting for other parts of the Quicken ecosystem (like the mobile app or back-end servers) need to be changed in concert with an upgrade to the desktop application, and whether bugs surface in testing that take longer than expected to resolve. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Upon closer examination, I noticed that features, many of fixes and improvements from QM2017 v4.6.8 and v4.6.10 and some of the fixes and improvements from v4.6.9 (released since Jan 2018 onward) are NOT listed in the Release Notes for QM2018. Did these make into QM2018? If so, these need to be reflected in the release notes for QM2018.

Please clarify.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    just updated and now Quicken won't open   my Mac is updated to date also.  I'm not sure what to do now.....
  • jacobs
    edited July 2018
    tmbuell69 said:

just updated and now Quicken won't open   my Mac is updated to date also.  I'm not sure what to do now.....

Could you explain exactly what happens when you try to launch Quicken. Do you get any message? Does it bounce in the dock? Do you see the Quicken menu, or nothing at all? Describe what's happening.

Also, just to confirm, you're using Quicken 2018, right? And what version of macOS?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    tmbuell69 said:

no message, will bounce for 2-4 times then nothing... after about 30 seconds when i go to force quit it says (not Responding).
    Quicken 2018 yes  
    Sierra 10.13.6(most recent update)
  • jacobs
    edited July 2018
    tmbuell69 said:

Quicken often shows "Not Responding" in the Force Quit box when it is actually tied up doing something. The latest update included some changes to the database which, I've read, can take awhile to complete. (You should see a message about that on the screen and a progress bar.) Try again, and let Quicken sit for longer -- give it 5 minutes or so -- to see if anything happens.

If still no luck, try launching Quicken without it opening your data file. You do this by holding down the Shift key when you launch Quicken. you should get a dialog box asking if you want to open your regular Quicken data file. Click Cancel instead. you should now get Quicken to launch, and be on the Let's Get Started page. You could try creating a new dummy file, just to see that it works, and that you can then quite and relaunch Quicken and have it open your dummy file. then, try from the File menu to Open Recent and open your relationship data file. Any different, or does it hang again?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    tmbuell69 said:

YES!!   that worked. I was just expecting it to load up as quick as before. just needed a little patience.  thank You very much!!
  • jacobs
    edited July 2018
    tmbuell69 said:

Great! Glad it didn't turn out to be something more serious with your file.
  • Adam
    Adam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Since update to QMac 5.6.x receive "Warning: Pending payments to send." when quitting Quicken.  This is an old transaction which I cannot find in any of my registers or in the Bills & income screen.

Any thoughts on how to stop this error?  QWin has file utilities, however, these do not seem to exist on the Mac version.

Thanks, Marcus and Doug! I had the same problem. Enabling a hidden account and then searching for matching transactions let me find, delete, and re-enter two payments from 20 years ago that were categorized as pending. They had been there since I imported from Quicken 2007.
This discussion has been closed.