"Save the Last Transaction"

GGLondonGGLondon Member
I've been using Quicken since it was first introduced, decades ago.  PLEASE fix this:  At least once a week I get a message to the effect of "Save the last transaction?"  But it gives me NO indication of what the program thinks that unsaved transaction actually was, and so I have to blindly Accept the SAVE, hoping that I really did just forget to save some valid entry.  But I might have unknowingly hit something with a thumb and by saving whatever I messed up, I'll have ruined a good entry.  I have complained about this for decades, but nobody cares about this very easy way to accidentally corrupt a whole file!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: 7/12/18: An update from our CEO, Eric Dunn.
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• George MaysGeorge Mays Member
    edited July 2018
    I get that message also, usually two times as I’m shutting down the program.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I think it would be a good idea if Quicken were changed to make this message more meaningful and include information about the transaction in question.
    Something like:
    Save the last transaction?
    7/20/2018  Starbucks  $-5.50       [go to transaction]
    [Yes, save transaction]  [No, discard changes]

If a moderator would change this post from a "Question" to an "Idea" we'd be able to make some progress. Ideas are brought to the attention of the programmers.

After it has been changed to an idea ... everyone who would like to see this change implemented in a future release of Quicken please click the VOTE button on this webpage and/or add additional comments.