Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future?

Comments

• edited January 19

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Yes, absolutely would love to have Home & Business version for the Mac!!!  Please get it on the roadmap soon.  Thank you!
  • Jacqui LinderJacqui Linder Member
    edited January 19

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Yes please. I am so unhappy that I can't just move my data to my new computer. Hoping the old one doesn't crash before I figure a work around. Now I need to learn how to put windows (which I don't want) onto my mac now. :( 
  • Jacqui LinderJacqui Linder Member
    edited January 19

Yes please. I am so unhappy that I can't just move my data to my new computer. Hoping the old one doesn't crash before I figure a work around. Now I need to learn how to put windows (which I don't want) onto my mac now. :( 
  • Quicken MohanQuicken Mohan Member
    edited May 2018
    Call our support team at 844 _ 826 399_9 for quick help!
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser
    edited May 2018

Call our support team at 844 _ 826 399_9 for quick help!

WARNING: The above is a bogus spam post. The links will take you to a group falsely stating they are official Quicken support, they are NOT.

Real Quicken Support can be reached at https://www.quicken.com/support#conta...
  • David MackayDavid Mackay Member
    edited January 19

Yes, a Mac version of Home and Business for Mac would be fantastic.
    David
  • edited January 19

Yes please! I'm actually considering running Quicken in VMware in order to get features that are only on the Windows Home & Business version.
  • DonaldDonald Member
    edited January 19

I really can't understand why it is taking so long for Quicken for Mac to get the ability to display data in Balance Sheet and Income Statement formats - like was in Quicken for Mac 2007.  It just report formatting.  Simple stuff. The engineers could do it quickly. Somebody is blocking this feature for some undisclosed reason.  VERY annoying.  Not very responsive to customers.
  • Judy GoldbergJudy Goldberg Member
    edited January 19

absolutely a quicken home & business for mac would be awesome
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited July 2018

Donald: it may sound bogus, but no one is "blocking this feature." The developers have a massive list of feature requests from users. they prioritize and tackle them as quickly as they can. I think that Income Statement and Balance Sheet reports are asked for by a reasonable number of users, but it doesn't rank as high as other things they have prioritize to do first.

One issue with reports is that they have been working over the past year to build out the features of the new reports engine. For instance, earlier this year, they added the ability to control which columns are included in various reports. They still have more work to do on allowing use control of formatting printed reports. From some comments made by the product manager, I believe they decided to focus on trying to get the reports features complete and right first, then to expand the number of reports. So things like Income Statement and Balance Sheet reports are likely to follow once they get the core functionality of the reports engine complete. The long wait for these reports features is certainly annoying; the only positive is that there are ongoing signs they're making progress. 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • edited January 19

Yes, I am considering moving from Windows PC, running Home & Business (version 2016) to a Mac but the data is critical for me - am starting to look at Quickbooks Premier to have some of the business functionality but then cannot run personal finance.  Quickbooks Home and Business has been (is on Windows) a perfect solution for my small business.... please consider adding the Mac version.
  • edited January 19

I've been using virtual box to keep using Quicken Home and Business and would LOVE to be able to use on my Mac! It's not the same at all... 
  • Tom HeltmachTom Heltmach Member
    edited January 19

You should def get quicken home and biz for mac. At the very least a cloud version.
    Like one other person says. Apple is the computer of choice for many people. I dumped my pc at the end of 2017 and like that person I have a small biz and have to run windows on my mac to use quicken. It blows. please come out with home and biz for mac. Or like I said a cloud version.
  • DeborahDeborah Member
    edited January 19

YES!  I am interested in Quicken Home & Business for Mac.
  • John UratoJohn Urato Member
    edited January 19

I too am waiting for a Mac version of Home & Business. I'm not sure if it's Quicken, Windows or both, too many issues with the windows version. I also switched to a Mac, less problems, runs better, I've honestly had it with windows. I have H&B 2016 for windows, the only time I use any windows products now. I won't upgrade my home & business until the Mac version comes out. If there's no Mac then I will have to start looking elsewhere, too many problems with the windows version. Just attempting to create an invoice is an ordeal. John
  • edited January 19

Yes, please.  We need a Mac version of Home & Business!! Do you have any progress update for the Mac world?
  • Bill JohnsonBill Johnson Member
    edited January 19

You can add my name to the list!! There's simply nothing else out there comparable for us Mac-based small business folks. Looks like Quicken could own the market!!!
  • Mary Ann GrayMary Ann Gray Member
    edited January 19

I just switched to a Mac and I am very disappointed that Home & Business is not available.  I really don't want to run Windows on the Mac so I may need to keep my old PC just for Quicken. And here I thought I was simplifying my life by using all Apple products!
  • Carole HelmigCarole Helmig Member
    edited October 2018

I guess I will be looking at Quickbooks, it does both.
    edited October 2018

Quicken 2018 home and business for mac is it really being formatted?  These responses of yes, we're working on it are too vague. Can MAC users get a real timeline? FYI, most accountants request for their clients to use quicken but we can't as of right now.

We need quicken H & B for MAC. We left Windows for a reason!
    edited October 2018

Quicken 2018 home and business for mac is it really being formatted?  These responses of yes, we're working on it are too vague. Can MAC users get a real timeline? FYI, most accountants request for their clients to use quicken but we can't as of right now.

edited October 2018
    Jolee said:

I am very interested in the MAC version. I will have to go to Quickbooks if Quicken doesn't release a MAC version.  I'm located in Silicon Valley and many of us use Mac vs PC.   

edited October 2018

I've been using Quicken Home and Business—gosh—can it be since the late 90s?  I would love to use quicken Home and Business for Mac, but I can't wait.  I bet my Bank will supply an Invoicing module on their website before Quicken has this ready.

edited October 2018

I definitely would purchase Quicken again IF it had the exact same functionality as the Windows HB version.

I had been a loyal Quicken user since the early 2000's, but then switched to Mac in 2015, and since then, it has been a total nightmare. I gave up trying to use it, and literally ended up going old school with a ledger and pencil to record my transactions.

I would also like to see more development for Quicken's other products for the Mac as well. Believe it or not, there is quite a population of us Mac users out here - pretty much an untapped market for Nolo, if they would just focus on it.

Please, hurry!! :)

edited October 2018

I've posted here before and realize that it's basically forum for venting and it will not change anything. However, I just found out that QuickBooks Desktop version for Mac has been discontinued as of the 2016 release and support will end in 2019. NOW is the time for them to make a Quicken for home and business for mac, but of course they won't :(

edited October 2018

I've posted here before and realize that it's basically forum for venting and it will not change anything. However, I just found out that QuickBooks Desktop version for Mac has been discontinued as of the 2016 release and support will end in 2019. NOW is the time for them to make a Quicken for home and business for mac, but of course they won't :(

edited October 2018
    mendy said:

Quicken PC user for over 15 years.  Now I am running Quickbooks (3 years now) and hate it!!  I have a very small business and Quickbooks is overqualified for the job and won't run on my Mac without windows (a non solution to me).  Quickbooks is so cumbersome with al its features that it just complicates my simple transactions.  I purchased Quickbooks at the recommendation of my CPA.  Obviously it was meant to make her life easier.  I get it - save me money by making her run more efficiently.  But no more!  I need to simplify my end. Not only that but I got a Mac in January and will not look back once windows is out of my life!  Since I no longer want to run my OLD pc with windows nor will I ever store my data online -bye Quickbooks!  Hope Quicken Home and Business for Mac is in my future.  Quicken, we are losing hope - will it ever materialize??  
    Signed,
    Ready to purchase

edited October 2018
    HB said:

I've been a Quicken user for 10+ years. Two years ago I also switched to Mac and now I have to run Parallels & Windows7 on the Mac just to continue using Home & Business. It works but it's far from ideal and it wastes a lot of time. Please make H&B available for Mac. Otherwise I need to find something else.
    Thank you.

edited October 2018

Please, please create a version of Quicken Home and Business for Mac.  I will keep my old PC just for quicken H & B but am changing everything else to my new Mac.

edited October 2018

A as CPA using a Mac and VMWare to run windows, Having comparable versions of Quicken for both platforms is integral. More and more small business users are switching. I have been a ß tester in the past (Hi Tamara) and feel the market can accommodate the Mac version. Go Quicken!!!