Can I buy Quicken 2019 from Australia?

I have tried to purchase Quicken 2019 via your web site, but it won't accept an Australian city or State as there are only US states as selection. How can I purchase Quicken 2019?

Best Answers

Answers

• CNegus007
    CNegus007 Member
    Please help
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Quicken subscription is only available to the US and Canada markets. It only works with these banks. Any attempt to purchase would be a waste of money. If you want to manually enter activity you can find an option here.
    Understand there is no company support for this version, but help is available in the community.

• CNegus007
    CNegus007 Member
    Thanks for the Info GeoffG, I am using Quicken 2017 and it works fine, but under OSX Mojave it takes about 5 minutes to load and shutdown. This has only happened since Mojave. Do you know anyone that has had this problem before and if so is there a fix?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your current issue is about QMac ... so I'll see if I can get a question  started in the  QMac thread.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @CNegus007 Quicken 2017 (and its predecessors) had a problem with slow launch times for users who had large, longtime data files -- but 5 minutes is far longer than I ever heard anyone report. That problem was fixed in Quicken 2018. Similarly, there was a delay in quitting due to the time it took to create an automatic backup file -- but nowhere as long as 5 minutes; that too was improved in Quicken 2018. I'm not aware of any change in launch or quit speed under Mojave. I still keep a copy of Quicken 2017 on my laptop running Mojave; it launches and quits reasonably quickly. I haven't seen any reports similar to yours, either. Sorry not to be of help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • CNegus007
    CNegus007 Member
    Thanks for the info, but Quicken 2018 isn't available in Australia...
  • CNegus007
    CNegus007 Member
    Thank you people for you advise, I'll do that.
  • CNegus007
    CNegus007 Member
    I have just purchased Quicken 2019 and after I paid by credit card, the web page was supposed transfer me to Quicken to download the full version, but it came up with a page saying that Quicken was under maintenance and now I can't find a way to download the full version as when I put in my user name and password in the quicken install app it says that it can't find the payment for Quicken and takes me to an activation page and asks me to enter the serial number. I have received anything from Quicken with that info. Help please... I don't want to pay twice.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You will need to contact support via chat (24/7) or phone Mon-Fri 5am to 5pm PST to sort this out:

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hello @CNegus007. Appreciate your question.

Quicken is not available in Australia. Quicken can only support banks for the US and Canada. There is a product in Australia that will support your current issues. It is called Reckon, and it is available at http://www.reckon.com.au/

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

(edited for readability)
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Harold If you read the thread above, the user is aware that Quicken will not work with Australian financial institutions; however, the user actively uses Quicken 2017 for manual data entry and wanted an update to Quicken 2019. Many people around the world use  Quicken on such a basis, even though it isn't sold in other countries. (Also, the Recon software you recommended is more like Quickbooks than Quicken, from what I can see; it's for businesses and accountants, not for personal finance, and I doubt it imports Quicken 2017 files, which would be necessary to support the poster's issues.)

@CNehus007 Have you logged into Quicken.com to check what it shows in your account? If it shows your Quicken Subscription, you should be able to download the Quicken application from there and install it. If it doesn't show your subscription, I recommend you follow through as suggested above with Quicken chat support, having your proof of purchase (credit card receipt) available to prove you made the purchase. At worst, they should refund your payment and you could try again; at best, they should be able to activate your subscription and allow you to proceed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Jacobs,

I understand where you are coming from.. Thanks for the heads up.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.