Show list of users that flag Off Topic & Dislike

Just like you can see a list of who Liked or LOL a post, please show the same list for Off Topic & Dislike.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

9 votes

Not Planned · Last Updated

This request is not available via the Vanilla forum platform and as such is being marked as Not Planned. If the ability becomes available at some point in the future, this Idea will be revisited.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also... I can see who added Likes, but not Dislikes. I want to see who disliked posts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Show list of Followers within a thread.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?  It's fairly easy to figure out who is doing it when the only person on a thread besides the OP is a SuperUser.
    Disagree.  We see posts marked as Dislike weeks or even years after the OP.
    I call such a "drive-by shooting".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, we know that this functionality does not exist currently. How is marking this idea as not planned based on it not being available make sense? The whole "idea" of this Idea is to pass on the request to Vanilla to look into addressing this issue. Please clarify.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @smayer97 Your title "idea" is "Show list of users that flag Off Topic & Dislike"

There is no way they would implement that, and it has nothing to do with whether is it technically possible or not.

The last thing they want is for you know who "reported" you.  They don't want "reprisals" or other negative impacts on people that disagree with what you posted.

Yeah, I know the human side says that would like to know who is accusing us of something, but it really isn't a good idea to have a "report the bad guy" system that announces to the world who they are.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW I fully expect that the moderators can see this list.  They just don't want the users seeing it.
    Signature:
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have no issues if that is the position that Quicken takes on that BUT that is NOT the reason that is listed for not pursuing it.

And yes, I know for a fact that the moderators can see the list.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that sounds like the "politically correct" answer.
    Signature:
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    What would be politically incorrect for them to say what you said? There would be nothing wrong in stating they want that info to stay private, if that is indeed their reason.

The strange thing is they have posted the same answer for several ideas today, none with the potential for being interpreted as "politically incorrect". So it makes the communication unclear.

A reply of "we are not considering putting forward the idea because the functionality is not there" makes no sense without further explanation since that is the whole point of an idea post...to request functionality that is not there.