Split Transaction Transfers Don't Migrate to Quicken Mac from Windows

Zoolook
Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
I think this is a bug. I have a large number of transactions from a USD account to a GBP account over about 10 years, and when importing my Windows file to my Mac Quicken, I notice that about 50% of them don't import.

It took me a while to figure out why, but I now see they only fail to import when the sending transaction was split, so for example $2000 transfer + $5 fee on the sending side. The receiving account should have £1200.

In Windows these transactions look fine, but when importing to the Mac, the receiving account has no transaction, although the sending account DOES have both the split and transfer, it just doesn't actually specify the account.

If these were transactions of the same currency, I'd just edit the transfer to specific the account, but because they're across currencies, I need to hand edit every transaction, and there are more than 100.

Any ideas how to systemically correct this?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello Zoolook,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.
    >
    > At this time Quicken for Mac doesn't offer true multi-currency support so the conversion process from Windows to Mac may require a bit of clean up. 
    >
    > You may consider adding your vote to the ongoing Idea thread to add true multi-currency.
    >
    >  Add true multi-currency conversion support
    >
    > You may be able to edit transactions "en masse" by highlighting several transactions and editing the category to include transfer.
    >
    > I would start by searching for a payee/category to isolate the transactions that you would like to edit.
    >
    > I would then select Command + A to highlight the entire register.
    >
    > I would then navigate to the "Edit" option along the bottom of the register and type "Transfer" under the category to select the appropriate account.
    >
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > The only caveat being, split transactions can only be edited individually and the process can not be applied to split transactions.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

It doesn't help because all of the transactions are different amounts, so I edited them all by hand. (88 transactions).

@smayer97 I've been adding my votes, pretty much since Heathrow back in 2010.
This discussion has been closed.