Carry Forward Attachments and Budgets from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac (23 Legacy Votes)

smayer97
smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the reasons conversion from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac is limited is the lack of carrying forward attachments. Please add this to the conversion process.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register).

Your VOTE Matters!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

6 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I made this same request in Quicken Mac 2015. I was told it is "being considered" for a future release.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I made this same request in Quicken Mac 2015. I was told it is "being considered" for a future release.

So add your vote above to make it count.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I did. Thanks. Sometimes I wonder if anybody ever listens. This should be easy to fix. I cannot understand why it hasn't been done.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

In a couple of words...resources, priorities...the latter may not match our own (it hasn't mine yet).

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

It seems to me that users who are migrating from windows to mac should be a priority. They represent the early adopters.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
     I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.
    To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I have been a Quicken user for over 20 years and have countless attachments that I wish to retain. I don't understand why this isn't possible.  
  • wgsjr
    wgsjr Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I gave up waiting for this feature. It won't open PDF files either so even if the attachments migrated you couldn't open them inside Quicken.
  • S.S.
    S.S. Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Converting Data File from Quicken Windows 2018 R1 27.1.1.136 to Quicken Mac Version 5.4.3 (Build 54.20998.100) does not bring attachements and Budget information.  
    Is there any plans in a nearly future to achieve that integration within the conversion ?

Many years of data that I would like to keep within MAC environment as currently, the only application that I still carry in Windows environment is Quicken. I'm a MAC user and I am forced to maintain  Parallel Desktop and Windows just for Quicken.  My ultimate goal is to totally get rid of Windows.  Quicken Mac is so close, you'r just missing these little 2 steps... 

Regards,
    S. Smith
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Good question.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is a huge vote for me, kept me from moving over to the Mac entirely. Years of attachments all lost, not going to happen still on Windows Home and Business.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

[redacted]

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    This is under the wrong category...it should be filed under Mac Conversion since it is about functionality in QMac NOT QWin (and since it cannot be cross-referenced under multiple categories as it used to be under GetSat).

That is probably one reason it has seen little response even though I have seen this issue come up numerous times as an obstacle to migrating from QWin to QMac. 

This idea should NEVER fall off the radar given that it addresses the preservation of data in financial records during migration.

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    Hello @smayer97,

Thank you for pointing this out!

I have moved this Idea to the Mac Ideas section, and I will also redact my archival notice. I also merged this with the existing Mac Idea for this topic and updated the Legacy Vote Count. 

Hopefully moving it to the correct category, as well as the activity on it today, will get this Idea some attention.  :)

-Quicken Natalie