Random transactions disappear from previously reconciled months

Options
Over time we have had some sparatic issues with previously reconciled transactions are disappearing in Quicken for Mac, but over the last 6 months to a year it has really gotten out of hand. Every time my partner reconciles her accounts there are transactions missing from months that had previously reconciled. We have contacted technical support a few times and they always brush it off as bad data downloads, with no explanation of why the downloads would effect prior months. Can anyone explain this?

We are running the most current subscription Quicken on a MacOS and are always good about updating when notified.

This causes us a lot of wasted time. Any insights would be greatly appreciated

Best Answers

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Downloads from your bank can't remove transactions from your register-only add.

The database powering Quicken for Mac is rather robust and fault tolerant, so I don't suspect database corruption, either. It could be, but I doubt it. So, let's not focus on that for now. 

Mobile Sync, however, might be an issue as that could cause a mismatch between your desktop data and Cloud services. It's rare, but it can happen. If you suspect this is the case, I would get your desktop data error free, and then under Quicken:Preferences, choose the Connected Services button. Then choose the option to Reset Cloud data. This will force your desktop data to the Cloud:

Also, don't overlook that the transactions are simply getting deleted via user error. I'm not saying that is the case, but it is a possibility. 
  • joshua-russo
    joshua-russo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughtful reply. We have Mobile Sync disabled.

I also appreciate the factor of human error, though we try to minimize any manual entry. We're just trying to use it to reconcile accounts from automated transaction downloads. If we need to manually edit anything it's because the automated reconciliation was missing transactions.

The gaps that we are experiencing are happening to months that were previously reconciled. This really shouldn't happen
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @joshua-russo

Thank you for the response and providing some more details.

If you are still needing assistance with missing transactions, please navigate to the top of the Quicken screen hold the "Command" key on the keyboard and select the file name, this will show the file path.

If you 

Can you provide the file path that is shown here for your file?

Do you see any mention of iCloud, Dropbox, Onedrive or any cloud or network drive?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • joshua-russo
    joshua-russo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here are both of the locations from each of our computers. Both of us have experienced the same problem.
  • joshua-russo
    joshua-russo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did supply my vote when I was searching this issue previously :smile:

We're experiencing this when we start a new reconciliation
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So when you start a new one, you are seeing the starting balance differ?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• joshua-russo
    joshua-russo Member ✭✭
    Options
    We are. The starting balance is no longer the ending balance of the previously reconciled month.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    smayer97 said:
    For the latter, you can add your VOTE to Add Option to Confirm Delete when deleting a transaction.
    @smayer97  This feature was added to Quicken Mac last year,  in the version 5.12 release in August. (And the thread you linked to is closed, because it was implemented.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jacobs said:
    smayer97 said:
    For the latter, you can add your VOTE to Add Option to Confirm Delete when deleting a transaction.
    @smayer97  This feature was added to Quicken Mac last year,  in the version 5.12 release in August. (And the thread you linked to is closed, because it was implemented.)

Thanks for pointing that out. I am very far behind on updating my notes. I will have to double-check before posting. :/
    I removed the info above.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• wwilliams
    wwilliams Member ✭✭
    Options
    Did you ever solve this problem? I am having something similar.
This discussion has been closed.