So where is the Quicken for Mac/Windows book/manual?

Unfortunately, this is a sophisticated product that is evolving over time, with new features added all the time. By the way, I am not a new user, but this is the only category that fit the question.

It would be great if there was a manual of some kind, online/paper, blog that describes ALL of the features, with all nuances, cool tricks, keyboard shortcuts in one place.

I do not believe there is a current one anywhere, and I feel there should be.

I have been using Quicken both Windows in recent years, and now Mac, and it is a great product, well worth documenting, and deserving of a manual.

I know many of you will say, there is a YouTube video, but is it up to date, with the latest features? Probably not.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sadly, Quicken -- like many software developers -- has long ago dropped the considerable expense of producing detailed user manuals. And in an era of continual updates, user documentation would need ongoing revision. The onboard Help is the closest anything comes at this point, but it's far from a detailed manual documenting every detail and option in the software. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Well. Where is that user information?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Where is that user information?

Have you taken a look at HELP, the F1 key?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, there is no comprehensive guide online or elsewhere for Quicken for Mac. Instead, for the most up-to-date and complete compilation of resources available for QMac, check out the following Quicken Mac FAQ: Where to find a Help Guide

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.