Downgrading home & business to Deluxe - not recognised

I purchased the Deluxe membership as my home & business membership was about to expire. I don't need home & business. The new membership is not recognized even logged to my account. I cannot download stock data neither to web connect. How can I get Quicken to log to my new membership?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ACARD2806,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To resolve this issue, please, follow the steps below--
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (see below)
    5. Type Yes and click Sign Out
    6. Wait for the sign-in screen and sign back in with your Quicken ID and password

Once signed in, go to Help > About Quicken to verify that the change successfully took effect.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ACARD2806, did you download and install the Q2020 product?
    Merely buying it isn't sufficient.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ACARD2806 ,

Where did you buy Quicken Deluxe from? What Quicken program were you running?

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• ACARD2806
    ACARD2806 Member ✭✭
    bought on line, but not thru the renewal option in the software
  • ACARD2806
    ACARD2806 Member ✭✭
    I tried signing with a "different user" but I got only one id: it's the same user and it brings me back to the old membership "expired" . It does not log to the new membership which shows "active" in green
  • ACARD2806
    ACARD2806 Member ✭✭
    Got the latest version downloaded for Canada 2020 - R25.22
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ACARD2806

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message requesting some more information to investigate this issue further.

Please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ACARD2806
    ACARD2806 Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken_Tyka
    Just in case my direct reply does not get to you, he is the copy of what I sent you:
    Hi
    "My first purchase (on line direct to Quicken) was to renew my membership; I could not link to it when I was opening Quicken; it was still telling me that I had to renew ... it looks like I had to renew from the application, what I did, to make it work ... and it worked ... BUT it cost more; I've been using Quicken since late '80. I don't understand why I should pay more than the lowest retail price offered on different platforms. I'm asking you to cancel the fees for the cost thur the application (62.99$CND) and to apply the payment of the active subscription paid 49.99$CND.

If I don't hear from you within a week, I will put a claim for double payment for the same purchase at my credit card to get the 62.99$ payment cancelled.

Thanks & Regards
    André Cardinal"

I am wondering why I could not activate my first purchase form "my account" on your website: the purchase was shown as "active" but my application on my computer could not connect to it. That's why I've redone the purchase thru the application, thinking that it would pick my "active" membership ... without striking me with a second purchase fee. That's why I claim the credit for the second purchase, ... which is not justified.
    Tks
    AC
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ACARD2806

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

The Canadian program has a different cost than the US version, I do apologize for any confusion or frustration that this has caused.

However, the US version cannot be purchased and used to renew the Canadian version.

I would be able to process a refund for the 62.99$CND as it's within the 30-day money-back guarantee window. However, this would remove the renewal for the Candian version.

I may also refund the recent purchase of the US version and you would then move forward using the Canadian version at the price of 62.99$CND which would not be refunded.

Another option is to move forward with the US product if that's applicable for you to do so.

Please let me know how I can further assist.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ACARD2806
    ACARD2806 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    Quicken Cnd and USA websites looks very similar and it is not evident to know from which website I'm purchasing, as either one you are buying from shows the same address (Menlo Park, CA 94025). My account shows a non connected purchase qualified "active" to which I cannot connect; it seems to be the US one. I don't need it, so please issue credit (to my credit card) for this purchase as it is useless.
    Remarks & question:
    1- As there seems to be confusion - I understand that you have a Canadian & a USA websites - I think you should be more specific when a purchase is in process such as indicating in the process which Country version is being processed. If there is a promotion - I usually purchase when there is a special announced - instead of giving information in fine print about the version promoted, it should be clearer, showing that information in capital print instead.
    2- (Question) I receive publicity e-mails from Quicken on a regular basis all year around. You offer specials on many occasions. My question is that "If I purchase renewal when I see a special offer - let's say 4 to 5 month ahead of my renewal date - Would that purchase take effect at renewal date or at time of purchase?

Tks for your expected answer and forthcoming credit
    André C
  • ACARD2806
    ACARD2806 Member ✭✭
    Tks Tyka. This resolve my problem.
    André
This discussion has been closed.