QuickFill

Since the last update, when entering a new transaction, QuickFill isn't offering the previous amounts or category splits. Was there a change to QuickFill?

Best Answers

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Kent,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start-- please check your Data entry and QuickFill preferences.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Data entry and QuickFill

Check and make sure the box for Automatically open drop-down lists in QuickFill fields is checked. If not, you'll want to check off that box and click Ok.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kent
    Kent Member ✭✭
    Quicken Anja...thanks for your response. That option is checked, as are all the others except the Calendar Payee list. The payee is accessible from the drop-down lists, but it's no longer filling the amount, memo, or category, which made it so handy. I'd welcome any other suggestions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for checking.

In that case though, if you haven't done so already, then I suggest you try to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First, save a backup of your data file (just in case). 
    2. Then go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken and try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard while clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

-Quicken Anja

• Kent
    Kent Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your continuing assistance. I've done as you suggested (file validation) and it appeared to work, but only once. I then discovered a trend. If I enter the transaction as either a check or EFT, and use the drop-down list, it correctly enters the Payee, Amount, Memo, and Category. However, if I enter the transaction as a Send Online Payment, the drop-down list only shows the Payee, and in the far-right column, "Online Payee". No other detail (Amount, Memo, Category).

I had an extended online chat yesterday with Joe who was very helpful, and as noted above, I believe we had it fixed. But it turned out for only one test transaction, an EFT entry.

I can call Customer Support tomorrow unless you have another suggestion.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Kent said:
    However, if I enter the transaction as a Send Online Payment, the drop-down list only shows the Payee, and in the far-right column, "Online Payee". No other detail (Amount, Memo, Category).

I don't use Online Payments, but that sounds like a "limitation"/difference in the system.  As in Online Payments aren't setup to get information from the Memorized Payee List instead it gets information from the Online Payee List (Tools -> Online Payee List)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kent
    Kent Member ✭✭
    It has worked with Send Online Payment until the latest update. But I agree, it must have been pulling data from the Memorized Payee list. I’m wondering if that link was somehow broken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Kent said:
    It has worked with Send Online Payment until the latest update. But I agree, it must have been pulling data from the Memorized Payee list. I’m wondering if that link was somehow broken.
    In that case then, yes, I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for further assistance and screen sharing with the support agent you speak with (if you feel comfortable doing so).

Should they still be unable to resolve the issue, then feel free to check back here again.

-Quicken Anja

• Kent
    Kent Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    John, thanks for your input. I checked my Memorized Payee list and discovered that all of my previous "Onlin" Type transactions had been changed to "Print Check". I don't know how that happened, but after editing each back to "Onlin", it's fine.
This discussion has been closed.