Memorized Transactions only bring down payee, not filling category or amount

Since the last update , the memorized transactions only bring down the payee, not the category or amount. I deleted a memorized transaction and re-memorized it; still no joy

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running QW R28.24 and it works for me when I manually create a new transaction in different accounts.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having a problem with the current version either but if the following is still unresolved, it may apply.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877542/memorized-payee-list-data-is-incorrect/

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• JRICHTER1
    JRICHTER1 Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the exact same problem with version R28.24
  • Yup. That fixed it. It must have gotten turned of by the last update.
  • FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭
    R28.24 - edit preferences as described above.
    Interesting because I ran into that problem today. The split information exists in the transaction shown on the Bill and Income Reminders window but the transaction in the Memorized Transaction list lost the splits! I have been using this transaction for years.

I receive updates from OSU, that payee has a renaming rule; the memorized transaction is inserted. (Then I get the dialog asking ... is this the reminder ..... But since there was no split in the memorized transaction, none are recorded.

I deleted the memorized transaction and memorized a prior month transaction.

Side note: Help->About Quicken.
    Since it is a requirement to place the version in these post, how about making those fields (Year, Version, Build), strings that can be copied to the clipboard or provide a button to copy them to the clipboard; copy/paste.

Stay safe,

Fred J.
    Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    R28.24 - edit preferences as described above.
    Interesting because I ran into that problem today. The split information exists in the transaction shown on the Bill and Income Reminders window but the transaction in the Memorized Transaction list lost the splits! I have been using this transaction for years.

I receive updates from OSU, that payee has a renaming rule; the memorized transaction is inserted. (Then I get the dialog asking ... is this the reminder ..... But since there was no split in the memorized transaction, none are recorded.

I deleted the memorized transaction and memorized a prior month transaction.

Side note: Help->About Quicken.
    Since it is a requirement to place the version in these post, how about making those fields (Year, Version, Build), strings that can be copied to the clipboard or provide a button to copy them to the clipboard; copy/paste.

Stay safe,

Fred J.
    @FredArthur:  If the memorized payee was incorrect, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877542/memorized-payee-list-data-is-incorrect/p1
  • JRICHTER1
    JRICHTER1 Member ✭✭
    Yep, turning (back?) on that third setting fixed the problem. I too think this setting was turned off by a recent software update process.