In Portfolio view, "Day Gain/Loss", "Totals" does not add up at the bottom of the column.

In Portfolio view, "Day Gain/Loss", "Totals" does not add up at the bottom of the column. Is there a "hidden account" or something that is being included that I do not know about??
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @NHBusdriver

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running. This can help narrow down if the issue is related to a specific release.

Since you are dealing with a discrepancy, how large is this discrepancy? Are you able to see anything that could be the cause of this?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NHBusdriver
    NHBusdriver Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding so quickly.

Quicken Premier for Windows, 2020
    Version R31.6, Build 27.1.31.6

The discrepancy changes daily, since it is the "Day Gain/Loss" column of the Investment Portfolio. I have attached a 3 screenshots of the page: one with the selections (Portfolio view, Value in "Show" window, Accounts in "Group by:" window), one with the amounts that add up to $900.79, and one of the "Totals" ($1250.62) at the bottom of the page.
    You will note that there are 6 investment account amounts (IRA's etc.), two blanks, and two "0.00" in the second shot (column).
    The blanks are next to "Indexes" and "Watch List", and the two with zeros are cash accounts with no positions other than cash.
    Could the latter 4 be screwing up the total somehow?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @NHBusdriver

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the original data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~