Horizontal underlines on budget report

I am seeing random horizontal lines on my budget reports. Like an underline or totaling line. However, it is not underlining or totaling a specific category or subcategory. Lines are evenly spaced but do not correspond to anything. It is very confusing because if looks like it is totaling a category when it is not. It is not my printer because it is also displayed like this on my screen. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Here is a screenshot. I have using Version R31.8 Quicken 2020. I really don't like the horizontal lines as they do not relate the the line items.
    Thank you for providing the screenshot.

As Sherlock mentioned previously, this is the way the report is designed to look, and unfortunately, there is not an available setting to clear these lines.

However, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote if you wish to request a setting to be implemented that will allow users to add/remove these lines. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @bigmac1973

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. If you wouldn't mind could we get a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing. This will help us in figuring out exactly what could be happening. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photo into the response box in order for you to add your screenshot.

Once you're able to let us know and we'll take a look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @bigmac1973,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide us with a screenshot of these underlines you are referring to? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ containing instructions on how to attach a screenshot.

Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add a screenshot as an attachment.

-Quicken Anja

• bigmac1973
    bigmac1973 Member ✭✭
    Here is a screenshot. I have using Version R31.8 Quicken 2020. I really don't like the horizontal lines as they do not relate the the line items.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    It is a feature.  The guide lines appear to denote three rows.  There is no setting within Quicken to clear these guide lines.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for providing the screenshot.

As Sherlock mentioned previously, this is the way the report is designed to look, and unfortunately, there is not an available setting to clear these lines.

However, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote if you wish to request a setting to be implemented that will allow users to add/remove these lines. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.