how do I report a bug - accepting trans. into register does not stay on line

bmissell
bmissell Member ✭✭
I have a lot of downloaded transactions to review / accept into my register. When sorted by $ amount and I accept one the next line is then highlighted. When sorted by Payee and I accept a line, the "cursor" is moved to some line no where near where I am and I have to scroll back to the next one I want to work on (next one with same Payee).

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would try and do it chronologically, oldest unaccepted transaction first. And I'd work with Quicken and select and accept whichever next transaction it wants me to work with.
    BTW, there's a button to "Hide accepted" transactions. Have you selected that?
  • bmissell
    bmissell Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I use the hide accepted - very helpful. Unfortunately I keep letting this account get ahead of me and can't seem to find the time / mindset to get it caught up, While your solution works it doesn't solve the problem that did not exist on the last version.
  • Ltrip
    Ltrip Member ✭✭
    Situation: I have many downloaded transactions for my account. I am in the process of accepting them 1 at a time.
    In the past, after QW accepted the transaction, it would highlight the next transaction; unless it was the bottom one, then it would go to the top.
    Currently, after QW accepts the transaction, it randomly highlights a transaction. It does NOT go in sequence, such as top to bottom.
    Not a deal breaker but very frustrating.
  • Hello @Ltrip,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about the issue you are experiencing, though I apologize for the frustration this has caused you.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    To start with, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ltrip
    Ltrip Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the repy.
    My version is: 2020 R28.28 27.1.28.28
    I tried the standard validate...no difference.
    I tried the super validate...no difference.
    After accepting a downloaded transaction, the next highlighted transaction is NOT the next one in sequence. It used to do that.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ltrip

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

I have been unable to recreate this issue, thus far, when I sort the downloaded transactions tab by payee and accept the transactions, the next line is highlighted as expected. 

I have a few additional questions to help me isolate the cause of this behavior.

First, do you see the behavior on all of your accounts or just some?

If this occurring on a few accounts and not all, please provide the connection method used to connect.

To locate the connection method, Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top.

Next, if not all accounts, what type of accounts are experiencing this issue? Investment or Banking?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • bmissell
    bmissell Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tyka - sorry its been a while on this one.
    Connection method for me is Direct Connect
    This is a credit card account.
    I have validated my file.
    Quicken Version is 2020-R29.22 build 27.1.29.22

When you are running your test are you items sorted by Payee? Although I have same issue when sorted by date - just jumps to a different location. Also probably a factor in the issue is I have a lot of transactions - over 400. Shouldn't have that many but it doesn't seem to get easier to do with time and they keep adding up (my personal issues...).

Let me know if you need any additional information.
    Thanks again for your help,
    Bill
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bmissell

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I was able to successfully and reliably recreate this issue. I see this behavior by the payee as well as the date.

I am only seeing this issue on my Direct Connect account, I cannot recreate this issue using an Express Web Connect account. 

I have reported this issue and will update this post as soon as more information becomes available.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bmissell
    bmissell Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tyka!
    I hope you have a great day.
    Bill
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @bmissell

Thank you for your patience, an official bug ticket has been opened for this issue.

At the moment, it is being investigated and researched. We are working on reliably reproducing this in the house to investigate the cause further.

I will be back as soon as more information becomes available! 

-Quicken Tyka

CTP-1216
    ~~~***~~~
  • allion
    allion Member ✭✭
    I don't know when this started but I've used Quicken since 1996 and I used to be able to revert renamed payees in the downloaded transactions list and the transaction would stay highlighted then I'd just enter a category and accept. Now whenever I revert a renamed payee, the focus jumps to the top of the list of downloaded transactions and I'd have to search again for the renamed/reverted transaction. It may seem silly, but I usually have dozens or over a hundred transactions downloaded at a time.

Anyone seeing this and knows of a way to fix this behvior?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @allion

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. What you are experiencing is a known issue that has been reported.

I have moved your post to the ongoing post so that you will be notified of any updates to the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • allion
    allion Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Quicken_Tyka for the quick response!
  • SD_Neal
    SD_Neal Member
    When accepting downloaded transactions into my register I click on the Payee column header to sort the transactions by Payee. Then I want to accept all of the transactions one at a time for each Payee. But when I accept one, instead of selecting the next one in the list like you'd expect, Quicken selects some other apparently random transaction somewhere else in the list. Then I must scroll back to the Payee I was working on each time.

This seems like a bug? Have others noticed this? Is there a fix? I couldn't find any way to report this to Quicken. How can I ask them to fix this?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue has been reported before.  It appears the "next transaction" order for acceptance uses the date column and not the current sort.
    I have no idea if they are working on changing that process.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SD_Neal
    SD_Neal Member
    Thanks for the explanation. Is there a way to report it to Quicken? Seems like they only offer phone or online chat support- and no way to report issues.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll flag this to the moderators to pass on to the devs.  They will know if dev is aware and will report back with an answer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SD_Neal

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. What you are experiencing is a known issue that has been reported.

I have moved your post to the ongoing post so that you will be notified of any updates to the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

CTP-1216
    ~~~***~~~
  • DeanAtHome
    DeanAtHome Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka , is there any ETA for a fix for this issue? It's very inefficient with all the transactions I have to go through each month.

Thank you in advance.
  • DeanAtHome
    DeanAtHome Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka , I hit submit too quickly. Is there a workaround while the bug is being resolved? Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue. If you have not done so already, please update to the most recent release R31.20.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once updated, can you please confirm you are still seeing this issue. So far, we have been unable to recreate this issue in this release.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.