Problem with Spire Credit Union as Online Biller

I can validate my account and get the bills but quickpay keeps failing saying my account information does not match. Is anyone else having problems with Spire Credit Union?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @John Wendt

Thank you for following up and letting us know that you have reached out to support.

This biller is currently listed as "Degraded" this issue may not be escalated for resolution. This issue is occurring on the biller's end.

There is no ETA available on when this will be resolved,  In the meantime, this biller will need to be tracked manually. Alternative payment methods will also need to be explored.

I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Hello @John Wendt,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community and telling us about the issue you are experiencing, though I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, if possible, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you are receiving? If needed, please review this Community FAQ post on how to do so.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    2020 R28.28 27.1.2828
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Wendt

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile and I see that the biller for Spire is listed as "unverified" meaning there is either an issue with the login or two-factor authentication, meaning the code or question when adding the biller.

If you have not done so already, can you please remove the bill and re-add it once more.

To remove a bill:

1. Go to the Bills & Income tab and click the gear icon.

Message Important maintenance upgrade required for bills

1. Select Manage Online billers.
    2. Click Remove on the right side of the dialog.

Message Important maintenance upgrade required for bills

1. Confirm you want to remove the biller by clicking Remove again.
    Please let me know if you receive a prompt to answer a security question or enter a code and are able to successfully add the bill.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I was able to add it but now it keeps saying that the amount due is not yet available from your biller.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Wendt

Thank you for the response and that you were able to add the bill successfully.

It may take 2-3 business days to see an amount available after adding a bill.

https://www.quicken.com/support/online-bill-center-message-bill-added-waiting-latest-update

I would recommend waiting to see if an amount becomes available prior to performing any additional troubleshooting.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Ok I have waited 5 days now and it still is not working properly.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @John Wendt,

Thank you for following up on this topic, though I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I checked the status of the bill which now shows Pending with the error message: "We're working on linking SPIRE Federal Credit Union. We'll let you know if we need anything else.

So, I went ahead and reported this biller for escalation. Please, keep the biller added for now and wait at least 48 hours to try again. 

If the issue still continues to persist after 48 hours, then I recommend that you call Quicken Support directly for further assistance as this may require Tier 2 assistance at that time.

-Quicken Anja

• driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for escalating this
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I waited 48 hours. Still nothing.
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Hello is there a status on this issue? I called it into support as well. Is it a on open issue? Is there a case I can bookmark if there are further updates?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited October 2020
    Thank you for following up, though I apologize for the delay in my response. 

Did support provide you with a ticket number? I'd like to take a look at the ticket notes and see what I can find out.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I don't remember getting a ticket number but it was premium support. Do I need to call them back?
  • Quicken Anja
    I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

-Quicken Anja

• driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I have created a ticket an escalated. Is there any update?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @John Wendt

Thank you for following up and letting us know that you have reached out to support.

This biller is currently listed as "Degraded" this issue may not be escalated for resolution. This issue is occurring on the biller's end.

There is no ETA available on when this will be resolved,  In the meantime, this biller will need to be tracked manually. Alternative payment methods will also need to be explored.

I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I did contact Spire and they are aware of the issue but no ETA
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Is there any update for Spire? Everytime I contact someone there they have no idea of what i am talking about. What key function is quicken using to connect to spire so I can tell them to look at that.
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Any update on spire?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @driverjw

This biller is still listed as "Degraded" there is no new information available, I apologize.

There is no ETA available on when this will be resolved,  In the meantime, this biller will need to be tracked manually. 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.