How do I transfer my Quicken program to new computer?

llpteach
llpteach Member
I have Quicken on my old computer and want to transfer to new computer without losing any information.

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a backup of Q  on the old computer (FILE, Backup and Restore, Backup Quicken file)
    Install Q on the new computer (you can't move the program, it must be installed)
    Use that backup to RESTORE to the new computer. (FILE, Backup and Restore, Restore from backup file)

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• My new computer does not have a USB drive (MacBook). It has a USB-C only. is there an option without buying an additional adapter (USB-C to USB)?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    DebbieD28 said:
    My new computer does not have a USB drive (MacBook). It has a USB-C only. is there an option without buying an additional adapter (USB-C to USB)?
    There are many ways to move files from one machine to another.  Another approach is to use the network and copy the file to a shared storage location from which you may copy the file to the new machine.  This could be shared file system on your LAN or cloud storage (iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, MegaSync, ...).
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DebbieD28 said:
    My new computer does not have a USB drive (MacBook). It has a USB-C only. is there an option without buying an additional adapter (USB-C to USB)?
    Hi @"DebbieD28 ,

Your New Computer is a MacBook, but you failed to post information concerning your old computer. People helping you, are just guessing at the moment. It is a MacBook or Windows?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.