and yup - my Vanguard (Direct Connect) accts are getting OL-220
    Friday 2/19 - 4:30 pm  - Qwin R30.21 -
    Even tried the various Online Center refresh cycles - FILIST and Branding -
    No Luck -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ron Hersch
    Ron Hersch Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    This is ridiculous. So many users affected and such a slow response. You keep offering the same solutions. The result is the same. Nothing works
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I thought with Direct Connect - it was exactly that - a direct handshake with the FI - and no proxy between the partners .....
    so no issues with "Service Providers" - its Vanguard -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Also getting OL-220-A last few days. Also got blank window with blank buttons when using Reset Account.
  • JNTexas
    JNTexas Member ✭✭
    Unable to download data from Vanguard accounts for over a week. Reset accounts but still receiving the error message. Is Quicken aware and anyone else having issues?
  • Roland@
    Roland@ Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jeffrey Jones said:
    > Also getting OL-220-A last few days. Also got blank window with blank buttons when using Reset Account.

This happened to me as well. Buttons didn't have any effect, either. Had to kill Quicken with Task Manager
  • ts1520
    ts1520 Member ✭✭
    > @markus1957 said:
    > If you have 2 or more Vanguard logins in the same data file, a work around is to close Quicken and reopen it. Then go to the account register of the problem account.  Use Update Transactions from the gear icon to successfully download.
    >
    > Apparently the change they made to fix the old issue created new issue. Two Vanguard logins in the same data file can't be updated in the same Quicken session.

nope thats what the call center guy said to do -- didn't work
  • ts1520
    ts1520 Member ✭✭
    > @markus1957 said:
    > Vanguard OL-220-A Workaround
    >
    > This is behaving more like a Quicken issue given that this workaround results in successful downloads from Vanguard.
    >
    > 1. After receiving OL-220-A error, close Quicken and reopen it.
    > 2. Proceed to an account register associated with the first Vanguard login that threw the error.
    > 3. Click gear icon in upper right corner and select Update Transactions.
    > 4. Enter your vault password and click OK; then click Update Now in the pop-up window.
    > 5. Download will complete successfully.
    > 6. If you have more than one Vanguard login, close Quicken, reopen and repeat the process for that login.  It will throw the error if you do not close and reopen.
    >
    > The fact that this works indicates that if not a 100% Quicken issue rather than Vanguard, Quicken has the means to automatically create the process in the software to work around the issue.  Looking at the logs, the session cookie process seems to be at the root of the problem.

does NOT work
  • rdschmid
    rdschmid Member ✭✭
    Talked with Vanguard Tech rep Mark. He said they still have no idea what is causing the problem...could be many days before fixed. Use manual QFX downloads as workaround.
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    I am another affected user. Workarounds failed.
  • I am having the same error message updating my Vanguard account with failure to update on 2/19
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    I got it to work yesterday and now today it doesn't work again. ugh.
  • 30dale
    30dale Member ✭✭
    Yet another affected user. Attempted each of the workarounds and "fixes" mentioned above. No success. Still get the same OL-220 A error with Vanguard.
  • Same here, since Wednesday 2/17/21.
  • mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    I have two Vanguard accounts that threw that error today. Also getting OL-362-A on two other brokerage accounts.
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Same here I disconnected vanguard and reconnected and still same problem. This is happening more and more with Quicken that I am thinking this is a quicken issue. Happened with USAA then AAFES and now Vanguard all in the space of a month.....sick of it.
  • Same problem. Quicken is not updating Vanguard my funds. I get the OL-220-A error message too. What next?
  • 30dale
    30dale Member ✭✭
    In response to Quicken Kathryn's update with alerts on 2/19/21:
    "UPDATE 2/19/21:
    A number of customers were seeing an OL-220 error occurring while downloading their Vanguard account information. The problem was caused by a configuration issue within the Quicken side. You can use the following steps for resetting to download your data if you see the OL-220 error.

Windows

Click Tools Menu > Click Online Center.
    Press and hold the ctrl-shift keys on your keyboard and click Contact Info.
    Choose your Vanguard account from the accounts drop down list. Only one is needed if you have more.
    Put a checkmark in “Financial Institution Branding and Profile” checkbox. You can optionally choose to Download FI list
    Click Refresh button.
    Choose Vanguard from Financial Institution list.
    Click Update/Send. You may be prompted to enter your Password Vault password.
    Click Update Now in the One Step Update Settings dialog.
    You should now successfully download your Vanguard transaction information."

I reattempted these suggested steps multiple times- exactly as outlined.
    No success. I am still seeing OL-220A error with Vanguard accounts
  • rm54tm46
    rm54tm46 Member ✭✭✭
    I followed the suggested steps and the update seemed to work. I was also able to reactivate an account which I had previously deactivated, but... I then did my standard one step update and it returned and OL-362-A for the two groups of Vanguard accounts and for a Fidelity Net Benefit account which, prior to this fix, had not been returning any error. (I did check the "optionally choose to Download FI list.).

I'm able to update the one Vanguard account I reactivated using the "update transactions" button in the account, but that approach does not work for Vanguard accounts under other usernames/passwords -- OL362-A returned.
  • alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    I followed Quicken Kathryn's guidance from tonight - still does not work. I get ' an error has occurred", which if one plays around a bit shows up as OL-220A. Interestingly, Kathryn's instructions differ from Quicken Sara who suggests quicken should be closed, and also says to uncheck all the other accounts at one point. I wonder if Kathryn meant to follow Sarah's approach. Very disappointing. Let me add that the OL-220A error occurs when I try to set up downloads for the one vanguard account for which I deactivated the online connection. The other vanguard accounts, when trying to update using the gear icon on the individual transaction registers page, give the ' an error has occurred'.
  • pippy
    pippy Member ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth following Quicken Kathryn's instructions to update the Branding and Profile info for my Vanguard account worked, so they must have changed something there as it did not work when I downloaded the Branding and Profile info last night. The OFX log also was clean, with no errors and contained the expected information. As always, "your mileage may vary" and I'll have to see if this continues to work next week. Hope other folks get their issues resolved as it looks like there may be more issues than the 1 originally reported.
  • lpreinhold
    lpreinhold Member ✭✭
    I followed Kathryn's instructions and still does not work. Get the same OL-220 error
  • This works: https://qasolved.com/quicken-error-ol-220-a/
    I did Step 3 (Deactivate/Reactivate)
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    After following Kathryn's instructions I was able to successfully download Vanguard data. No errors.
  • BGS
    BGS Member
    I followed Kathryn's instructions and it now works after 1 week.
  • I was sent an email from a Quicken rep named Kathryn that solved the problem for me. Hopefully, it will help others.

I've copied and pasted her message below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2/19/21:A number of customers were seeing an OL-220 error occurring while downloading their Vanguard account information. The problem was caused by a configuration issue within the Quicken side. You can use the following steps for resetting to download your data if you see the OL-220 error.

Windows

* Click Tools Menu > Click Online Center.
    * Press and hold the ctrl-shift keys on your keyboard and click Contact Info.
    * Choose your Vanguard account from the accounts drop down list. Only one is needed if you have more.
    * Put a checkmark in “Financial Institution Branding and Profile” checkbox. You can optionally choose to Download FI list
    * Click Refresh button.
    * Choose Vanguard from Financial Institution list.
    * Click Update/Send. You may be prompted to enter your Password Vault password.
    * Click Update Now in the One Step Update Settings dialog.

You should now successfully download your Vanguard transaction information.

Mac

Open and close Quicken for Mac to refresh branding. You should now successfully download your Vanguard transaction information.
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Same issue now bleeding into Feb 20th....
  • 30dale
    30dale Member ✭✭
    After getting OL220A errors with Vanguard over the past 3 days, I had deactivated all my Vanguard accounts. Yesterday tried reactivating Vanguard accounts using Tools---> Add account. OL220A error when reactivating. Reactivation failed.
    I followed Quicken Kathryn's suggestions from 2/19/21 as follows:
    1.Click Tools Menu > Click Online Center. -DONE
    2. Press and hold the ctrl-shift keys on your keyboard and click Contact Info -DONE
    3.Choose your Vanguard account from the accounts drop down list. Only one is needed if you have more.- DONE
    4.Put a checkmark in “Financial Institution Branding and Profile” checkbox. You can optionally choose to Download FI list - DONE
    5.Click Refresh button. -DONE
    6.Choose Vanguard from Financial Institution list. CANNOT CHOOSE VANGUARD FROM THE LIST because I had already deactivated Vanguard accounts as mentioned earlier.
    Now, I attempted reactivating online access for Vanguard using Tools---> Add account. Unsuccessful. I am still getting OL220A error.
    It seems some of the community members have been successful in eliminating this OL220A error. Any thoughts on what I could do to fix this?
    Any suggestions for resolution would be truly appreciated.
  • Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    As of 6:22 am I ran One Step Update as normal after logging in. It worked for all 4 of my Vanguard login groups. I ran it before doing the fix as suggested by Quicken Sarah but I had followed the steps which were similar a few days ago. For now it appears fixed so I'll see if it is consistent the next few days.
This discussion has been closed.