OL-362-A Error on multiple accounts

mknauss
mknauss Member ✭✭
I am getting the OL-362-A error on multiple brokerage accounts. I have deactivated the accounts and reset them up and they work one or two times and then fail.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mknauss,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now).

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    R31.12 is the version I am using.
    I just Deactivated and set up using Add Account 7 accounts across four brokerage companies. Several of these I had deactivated and used the Set Up Now process several days ago.
    Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    @mknauss Thanks for the update! I hope that worked for you.

Please, let us know if you continue to experience further issues!

-Quicken Anja

• Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    I too am now experiencing the OL-362-A issue. This is after the Vanguard OL-220-A issue. Everything used to work fine for years, only since 2/17 has Quicken become so unstable and unusable. Terrible.

While I do not get the OL-220-A error, I now get the OL-362-A error. I am using Quicken Premier Windows, R31.12 build 27.1.31.12

I have tried downloading the Branding and FI List options. I have tried deactivating the account, then going to "Add Account" to re-activate it. That works for the account I am doing, but that causes another investment firm account downloads to fail! It seems I can only have one investment firm at a time to be active now, which is ridiculous.

For example, I got the OL-362-A error after trying to download transactions from Schwab and Vanguard. Both fail. So I went to my Vanguard account, deactivated it and re-activated it using Account Add. This now worked. Then I did the same with Schwab, and now Schwab works, but Vanguard fails. If I do it to Vanguard now, then Vanguard works fine, but now Schwab fails!!

I have two Quicken data files (for separate reasons) and it fails the same in both files. Only one investment firm at a time, it seems.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am also getting OL-362-A errors on my investment accounts.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THESE OSU ISSUES?

I have about 5 accounts at different providers (Vanguard, Schwab, Fidelity, My Co. 401K) and have deactivated and re-activated accounts multiple times. It seems that when I FIX one account I always get this error on another of the accounts (but not the one I just fixed). It looks like I ALWAYS GET OL-362-A errors on 3 OF MY ACCOUNTS, but not more or less than 3.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.
  • Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    I've managed to get 6 OL-362-A errors!!! And same thing - one provider works then the others break. Whack a Mole.
  • Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    Maybe I misread you - I get 6 OL-362-A errors at Schwab because that has 6 accounts. I only have accounts at Vanguard, Schwab and Am Century.

And to think that last Monday everything was working fine. Whatever they changed after that sure didn't work!

Please Quicken rollback whatever you did!!
  • DisplacedHoosier
    I have multiple accounts at different financial institutions...

Current Status of my OL-362-A errors...

Co. 401K (1 acct) - NOT Working
    Fidelity (2 Accts) - NOT Working
    Vanguard (5 Accts) - NOT Working
    Schwab (1 Acct) - Working

Agree that Quicken needs to do something. The whole R31.12 release has been a mess.
  • bobade
    bobade Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I now have the OL-362-A ERRORS which have been described. Quicken Premiere R31.12 build 27.1.31.12.

Perhaps this will be helpful. Most Vanguard accounts are under my login, but one (an IRA) uses my wife's login. I have deactivated the account and removed her from the Password Vault. When, after rebooting, I then try to "Set Up Now" from the Online Services tab in Account Details, the account list from Vanguard DOES NOT EVEN INCLUDE THE ACCOUNT I"M TRYING TO SETUP, despite the fact that it is in her name only and has money in it.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since, unfortunately, deactivating and reactivating the account(s) has failed to resolve the error thus far; we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem... to submit your log files so we can further investigate this issue. Please add the error code as well as the name of the financial institution(s) experiencing this error to the title.

Alternatively, you can also contact Quicken Support directly and have your log files collected by one of our support agents.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this error is causing! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    Help->Report a Problem says that they won't respond, information provided will be used for statistical and investigative purposes. I submitted log files this way last week too. I guess we won't be able to download new transactions from institutions anytime soon.
  • Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that contacting support via phone they will just have me deactivate and re-add the account(s) and try and then I'll be put on hold, then they will come back and tell me to try again. Then I'll be put on hold. Then they will come back and tell me they are looking into it, but have no solution now.
  • mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    As Robert has done, I used the Report Problem. Hopefully Quicken Anja can report here what is going on with this issue. It is not good.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    Additional diagnostic...

I copied the file to a USB and ran the update on another computer that has Quicken installed (R31.12 as well). I didn't get the OL-362-A errors. I initially got the OL-293-A error on my Vanguard accounts, but ran that account individually and the process completed successfully.

My thought is that the process of updating and de-activating/activating my accounts earlier wrote something to the configuration file on the first PC and that is what is causing the errors.

Can someone at Quicken let us know in what file this kind of setting might be saved on the PC? I'm thinking if we update or remove whatever configuration file that is we can be back fully functional.
  • mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    Hoosier -- Did you put the file back on your original computer after doing the update as described in your first paragraph?
  • DisplacedHoosier
    Diagnostic #2... (possible fix - YMMV)

After copying the file back to PC 1, I reviewed the task manager and noticed there were a number of additional processes running under Quicken. I killed all of those processes and Quicken...

Then I was able to update the file on PC 1 successfully...

So make sure to kill off all processes (and/or re-boot) in order to resolve this issue. I noticed when looking at one of the log files that the fidir file was not being able to be read due to a open process. This led me to the idea to make sure there were no processes running that might be causing this issue.
  • mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    I went into Task Manager and stopped three tasks running with names starting with Qt.... then restarted Quicken and it all runs fine. No other action on the accounts.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    edited February 2021
    Mknauss - yes... I was running from a USB and ran it from computer 1.

But... I really think it's all about the running processes that are not allowing the files to update correctly. I'd try that step first. Just make sure all processes are killed and start Quicken over again...

...not sure why that wasn't the first suggestion from the Quicken team...
  • Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    I guess the file you are talking about is the Quicken data file?

I did not see any extra processes on my machine. But I rebooted it totally just to be sure and after that I got my first clean run of Quicken since last week! I did not move my Quicken data file anywhere - just a simple reboot.

Maybe there was some lock held somewhere and rebooting released it.

We shall see.....
  • Quicken Anja
    Help->Report a Problem says that they won't respond, information provided will be used for statistical and investigative purposes. I submitted log files this way last week too. I guess we won't be able to download new transactions from institutions anytime soon.
    Yes, you are correct in that you would not receive a response through the Report a Problem submission as these reports are sent directly to a database that is accessible by members of the Development and Product teams as well as our Tier 2 team.

However, the reports are reviewed daily, mainly for multiple reports of the same trending issues or if support has requested log files for troubleshooting/escalation purposes. When multiple reports of the same issue are received, those reports get investigated further. When these reports can be replicated/verified, then a ticket gets submitted to our Development and Product teams. This is why we request Report a Problem submissions. The more reports we receive for the same issue, the sooner we can have a ticket submitted for the issue.

I hope this helps clarify the reasoning behind why we request log file submissions through Report a Problem! Thank you. 

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

As part of our investigation into this issue, we ask that you please perform another One Step Update after the first initial update is performed, as well as "Update Now" from within the account register. We're trying to see whether or not you receive the same OL-362 error again, or receive a different error or result.

Additionally, we also request that you create a new (test) file to see if you receive the same error in a new file as well. If needed, please refer to this support article for instructions on how to create a new file as well as how to switch back to your original data file.

Once that is done, please report back and let us know the outcome! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Anja" said:

> Once that is done, please report back and let us know the outcome! Thank you.

I completed all of those requested items. No issues. So the deleting of those processes described above solved the issue, for now.
  • bobade
    bobade Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I just did a One Step Update and, for the first time in weeks, received no errors. Therefore, I did not do additional steps. Thank you.
  • mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    Errors are back on my system. Tied to Vanguard, TD Ameritrade, and NetXInvestor. Checked the Task Manager and no processes seem to be hung up running. I have Reported Problem to Quicken Support.
  • ersatzcookie
    ersatzcookie Member ✭✭
    I encountered the same issues and tried activating/deactivating, clearing cache, and restarting the computer multiple times. Did not help. Other historic online troubleshooting advice said to run Quicken Validation. I did so and saved the log. Several accounts were adjusted by the validation. The validated file was stored by Quicken under a new subfolder called VALIDATE. I closed my regular file and opened the file (same title) stored under VALIDATE. After that, I was able to successfully reactivate my problem accounts and they now accept one-step update. I saved the newly adjusted file under a new name and Quicken seems to work normally. Fingers crossed....
  • mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    I rebooted the PC and everything has worked fine since. But will remember the Validate method.
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭✭
    I started getting the same OL-362-A errors after adding an account about a week ago. The new account is at Schwab. The affected accounts are at several institutions.
    Schwab, me, multiple accounts, update okay (this is the one that I added the account to)
    Schwab, spouse, multiple accounts, OL-362-A error
    Fidelity, me, 3 accounts, OL-362-A error
    Fidelity, me, work 401k account, OL-362-A error
    Fidelity, spouse, multiple accounts, OL-362-A error

Why is Fidelity affected at all!?!?

I go to a backup before the new account was added and get the same errors.

I've been using Quicken for 20+ years. This is very frustrating.
  • mknauss
    mknauss Member ✭✭
    The errors I was getting cleared up after rebooting.
  • JWise
    JWise Member ✭✭
    I have this same issue across Fidelity and ETrade accounts. I have also submitted via Help --> Report Problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JWise

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.