Year End Copy Idea

Options
Just Me and Not Someone Else
Just Me and Not Someone Else Member ✭✭✭✭
When performing the year end copy would suggest that Quicken add the option of removing all saved bills and disbursements from the archived version.  Every year I have to go in a manually delete bills so they don't load when I go back and look at last year's file.  
12 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Concur.
    Scheduled Reminders should be disabled in the archive file.
  • Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Options
    Another thing that should happen in the year end archive is an option to disable sychn for the archived file. If you are looking up something in the archive file and accidentally select the synch option when you close the file it creates a mess. Been there done that.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And while I'm thinking about it ...
    • YEC should also archive / split transactions in the H&B Mileage Tracker
    • Not sure if it does, or not ... YEC should disable Scheduled Updates for the archive file
    • Similar to using Transaction Passwords, when working with an archive file, Quicken should prompt for every new, changed or deleted transaction:
      "Do you really want to do this in an archive file?"
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A while back I posted a similar suggestion for backup files. Please visit and vote:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see these changes for YEC Archive Files implemented.
  • mike123
    mike123 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have 4 years of near daily mileage entries. Unfortunately, adding mileage keeps getting slower and slower as the file size increases.
  • rakapaschke
    Options
    I completely agree.

Scheduled Reminders should be disabled in the archive file.

A flag in the archive and/or current file should enable/disable reminders.

Opening a years old archive results in more reminder entries than those saved in the year end copy.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This option should be implemented ASAP.  When I open my last years Achive file I see all the due/Pass Due Bill pays and reminders alerts.  Right now the only way to stop the achive file from populating these Bill Pay\Reminders is to DELETE each one...one by one.  More unnecessary work 
  • jeffandalicemurray
    Options

It is 2024 and Quicken still doesn't have the option to archive vehicle mileage data? The fact that you can only delete old entries one row at a time is extremely painful.