Error - "There is 1 scheduled transaction instance prior to the one you are trying to pay."

what does this message mean? how do I pay now without this message?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MMF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We may need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Are you paying bills using our Quicken Bill Manager service or through Bank Bill Pay via Direct Connect? Could you please specify in which area of the program you are receiving this message (e.g.: Bills & Income tab, account register, etc)?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @MMF

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Generally I believe I've seen this when a payment might still say processing in Quicken. It sounds like you're using Quick pay I believe. If that's the case I would look in your register and see if you're able to find a transaction with a status that's different from previous paid ones. 

Once you have a chance to check let us know if you're able to find one. If not we'll see what we can try finding next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• MMF
    MMF Member ✭✭
    Quicken for Mac 6.1.1 using bank bill pay w/ Chase
    I cannot find any prior transactions related to the payee.
    I converted from quicken for windows late in this summer
    I had used Q for Windows for years.
    I continue to get this message and the transaction then wants to be moved a month ahead.
    I really don't need this scheduling of bills. it doesn't help me.
    how can I convert back from this scheduled bill pay feature without having to reenter the payee info?
    I did like the feature in windows where you set up for payment several transactions and then sent the lot to the bank in one fell swoop.
    I am sure I am getting used to Q for Mac.
    thank you for the advice.
    MMF
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MMF

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

What steps are you taking that cause this error message? If you navigate to the Bills & Income screen do you see this scheduled reminder? Are you able to remove it from here?

To send a payment using Bank Bill Pay, simply fill out the transaction you would like to send and type "Send" in the Check Number column. This will send the payment. See if this method works to get you what you are needing.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mike Q
    Mike Q Member ✭✭
    I'm using bank bill pay and am also having the same problem for every bill I pay (Quicken Mac 6.11). I think it started when Quicken revamped the Bill Pay stuff somewhat recently. I just ignore it and carry on, but it's a newer behavior that's annoying.
  • Mike Q
    Mike Q Member ✭✭
    This happens to me all the time now. I use bank Bill Pay. I agree with Mike Q that it started when Quicken revamped the Bill Pay stuff (now several months ago). I have the same problems other people describe. It's pretty annoying it's gone on this long without being fixed.

I've found the only around the problem is to pay a bill from the "Bills & Income" view. When I do it there, it doesn't complain. If I pay from my checking account, I get the problem, with it wanting to move things a month ahead, as someone else described.
  • Mike Q
    Mike Q Member ✭✭
    LOL. Mike Q is me. It's been a while since I've had time to log in and had forgotten my user name :smile:
    The problem still exists :(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Mike Q said:
    I agree with Mike Q that it started...
    Well, I'm glad that you agree with yourself! ;) It's when people start disagreeing with themself that we have problems.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Quicken Windows user I would just look in the register for a Scheduled Reminder that is marked Past Due. Looks to me as if you are trying to pay the July monthly bill, but you have never marked the bill for the month of June as Paid.
  • Matthew Caswell
    Matthew Caswell Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > As a Quicken Windows user I would just look in the register for a Scheduled Reminder that is marked Past Due. Looks to me as if you are trying to pay the July monthly bill, but you have never marked the bill for the month of June as Paid.

Thats not the issue on the Mac. I have the same issue and I Friggin hate it. I want to click on the bill in my register, then change the amount, the date and then click PAY NOW.. it connects to Chase and sends the payment.
    I have some that when I click on PAY NOW I get that stupid message "There is 1 scheduled transaction instance prior to the one you are trying to pay." It forces me to go to Bills and Payments to actually send the payment. HOW DO WE TURN THIS STUPID FUNCTION OFF! NOT ALL CHANGE IS GOOD!
This discussion has been closed.