Free turbo tax starter addition

I use Quicken starter edition. I get a free copy each year when I buy Turbo Tax. This year the link does not work. Turbo tax says it's Amazon's problem. Amazon says it's a Quicken problem. Since the link goes to Quicken I assume it would be on the Quicken end. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jcdifi824,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I recommend that you call Quicken Support directly as our support agents will have the necessary tools available in order to have this corrected and will be able to apply the offer to your subscription renewal, which this channel, unfortunately, does not.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jdcifi824

What happens when you click on the link; do you get an error message or code?

Quicken, Inc. and Turbo Tax's parent company (Intuit) are separate companies now.  The two entities that were part of your transaction are Intuit and Amazon, so I believe that one of them (or both) would be responsible for providing you with the correct link as part of your purchase (not Quicken Inc.).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jcdifi824
    jcdifi824 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    That's the problem. Intuit says it's Amazon's problem and they no longer own Quicken. Amazon says it's Intuit's problem. When you click the link you get:

This page isn’t working
    www.quicken.com redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.
    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I tried clearing cookies and got the same response. As you can see it's a Quicken.com link. No sure where to go from here.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - it makes sense that the link should send you to the Quicken website to download the application.  Are their any instructions provided specifically on "how to" obtain the "free copy"?  I would expect that there would be steps where you would download the program first and then - at some point - enter a code that will allow you to register for the starter version without making a payment.  Did you receive anything along those lines with your TurboTax purchase?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jcdifi824
    jcdifi824 Member ✭✭
    No. When you open Turbo Tax there is a link at the bottom of the page that takes you to the page I posted earlier. Last year, the link would take you to the purchase page just like you were going to purchase but the amount you owed would be $0.00. You would then download the file and install.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jcdifi824,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I recommend that you call Quicken Support directly as our support agents will have the necessary tools available in order to have this corrected and will be able to apply the offer to your subscription renewal, which this channel, unfortunately, does not.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• beuans
    beuans Member
    I am not able to get this to work either. What number should we call?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beuans Click on the word HERE in the last sentence of Anja's reply for the info you requested.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the Turbo Tax forum too.  Looks like only if you bought the Turbo Tax Desktop program from Amazon.  Be sure to update your Turbo Tax  program.  The link to buy Quicken was fixed.  

See this thread

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/why-can-t-i-redeem-the-quicken-starter-offer-in-turbotax-2020/00/1757625/page/3 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• eragbag
    eragbag Member
    If you double check the fine print at the very, very bottom of the Turb0-0Tax listing on the Amazon site you'lee see that the offer is for NE subscribers only....hard to find, but it's there
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where?  For what year?  I didn't see any Turbo Tax & Quicken offers on Amazon except old ones like for 2014.  And they are all unavailable.   Can you post a link?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.