Popup dialogs should be centered on Quicken window, not the Desktop

robick
robick Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Display/UI
When entering transactions in the register a dialog is displayed for many actions so data can be entered.

I frequently have Quicken and another app displayed side-by-side on my desktop so I can easily enter the transaction data displayed on the other app.

The problem is the dialog is centered on the desktop, not Quicken, so the data I need to enter is hidden. I need to manually move the dialog so I can see the data that I want to enter into the register. We should not need to use the mouse to move the dialog.

Popup dialogs should be centered on the Quicken app, not the desktop. Quicken should not assume that people always work with Quicken fully maximized.
23 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• ScottH
    ScottH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Is there any way to tell Quicken where to open new pop-up windows? I have an ultra-wide monitor and find it easist to keep Quicken on the left side of my screen. My browser is typically on the right. When I select the option to "update accounts", it pops up a little box exactly in the middle, assuming that I'm running Quicken and only Quicken and in full-screen mode. Next the actual connectivity status page comes up and for some reason it's shifted slightly further to the right over my other window. I can pretty easily grab the window title bar and slide it back to the left, but it doesn't rememer this, and since it's not popping up over the main Quicken window I'm not sure how it's choosing to take this particular action. Is there some config file I can edit to tell it where to launch these things, or some keypress that will tell it to memorize the then-current location?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ScottH

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question. 

This setting is currently unavailable so I have changed your post to an idea so that others may vote on this feature. Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

When Ideas have gained enough traction, they are reviewed by our development team for future consideration.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second that motion.
    These popups should center themselves within the Quicken window, not the entire screen.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I agree any dialog that pops up should be centered on the Quicken Window.
    What's more any dialog that can be resized should remember both its position and size.
    Note I make a difference between the resizable ones and not because there are going to a lot of dialog that are just a short "information/notice" and Quicken shouldn't have to remember the position of all of them.  But if a dialog/window can be resized it should always remember what size you set it to, and along with that goes naturally that you want the position saved too.

EDIT Unless it would be "off screen" because a monitor is removed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭

There are many ideas that I vote up that I use rarely, or I can see that they are good ideas even if I don't personally use them.

This one I use multiple times a month.

I have a wide screen monitor and will often have Quicken open and then open a statement to reconcile side-by-side. When opening the Quicken reconcile dialog, I need to reposition it to properly fill-in the data from the statement.

This idea would help with that.

Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Sean B
    Sean B Member

I came here looking to make this same exact request. I too work with side by side windows and constantly have to move the pop ups over so that I can read the information on the other window.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

+1.

Concur. This should have been changed long ago.

• jimsafar
    jimsafar Member ✭✭

I use an ultra wide monitor and I keep quicken off to one side and on the other I'll have my browser or a spreadsheet open. Its like having 2 monitors in one and I love it except for the fact that quicken will open its pop ups in the center of my screen instead of the center of the quicken window. Whenever I do an online update, for instance, the pop ups are in the center of the screen and I have to move them over to the quicken window every time so they don't block the other window I am also working on.

No other program I use has this glitch and I was wondering if anyone had a possible solution to this? Thanks.

• There is no reason in today's world to have the dialog box pop-up in the middle of the desktop, especially given the popularity of wide screen and ultra wide screen monitors. I don't see this being a large change to the code and should be included in the next release. Please take the time to prioritize this low impact, low risk issue or feature (depending on your perspective). It is single-handedly the most annoying aspect of Quicken in my opinion.