State Employees Credit Union NC - OL-220-A Errors

Answers

• QuickSince93
    QuickSince93 Member ✭✭
    This is becoming unacceptable. Every few weeks I have this issue. Not to mention the issue the other week with duplicate transactions. That issue took hours to straighten out. What used to be a SOLID product is becoming unreliable. This is scary being I count on it 100% using it as a virtual envelope system since 93. Its not like I can start over. Quicken should escalate this to the highest priority. In the meantime I am going to start looking for alternative solutions based on the downward spiral this product seems to be headed. Stop using the customers as beta testers.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @QuickSince93 said:
    > This is becoming unacceptable. Every few weeks I have this issue. Not to mention the issue the other week with duplicate transactions. That issue took hours to straighten out. What used to be a SOLID product is becoming unreliable. This is scary being I count on it 100% using it as a virtual envelope system since 93. Its not like I can start over. Quicken should escalate this to the highest priority. In the meantime I am going to start looking for alternative solutions based on the downward spiral this product seems to be headed. Stop using the customers as beta testers.

I'm with you, but no other options out there. Got the same error as yesterday, sent report as per usual. Heck if the online/mobile piece doesn't even work for me, probably 'cause I've been using it since 93 as well.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• PuppyKat
    PuppyKat Member ✭✭
    I was able to download all of last week without the OL-220-A error, so I assumed the problem from earlier this year was finally fixed. NOT! This morning, the error is back. Last month whenever I got this download error, I could return to Quicken about 20 minutes later and have a successful download - however, I always had to download twice because the first download, though error free, did not pick up any new transactions. I had to download a second time to get the real update. This morning, I've been trying for an hour and a half, and the OL-220-A error persists. I sent a report to Quicken - AGAIN - and this time, I'm just DONE, I think. I only use Quicken for bank downloads - I don't use it for credit cards or to create elaborate financials. If the ONLY reason I use Quicken continues to produce an error, what am I paying for? I have a 2018 disc version of Quicken that I bought at Costco. I'm thinking it might just be a lot less headaches to install the disc version of Quicken and just manually clear and reconcile my SECU bank accounts. You'd think with the constant updates from Quicken in the past year - at least 40 - that the program would be flawless.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Does anyone from Quicken even read this posts? If so, they should recognize they have a problem and will eventually start to lose customers. Starting to look for an alternative solution.
  • BAI
    BAI Member ✭✭
    > @dhharris said:
    > Does anyone from Quicken even read this posts? If so, they should recognize they have a problem and will eventually start to lose customers. Starting to look for an alternative solution.
    >

I'm with you. If I can find an alternative, I'll dump Quicken and share the problems I've had. It's obvious Quicken folks do not value my business.
  • murpthesurf
    murpthesurf Member ✭✭
    I have not had this error for 3 days, but it is back today!!!
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    @PuppyKat that has been my exact experience. Frustrating.
  • Don STEWART
    Don STEWART Member ✭✭
    Just called Quicken Support, no help whatsoever, their suggestion, call SECU NC.
  • waltersalinger\
    waltersalinger\ Member ✭✭
    I called Quicken Support. They gave me set up a ticket and gave me a ticket #. Been on hold with SECU for 52 min so far, trying to get confirmation that somebody in their IT group is actually working on the problem. So far, no luck.
  • jsdrummer1
    jsdrummer1 Member
    I'm having this error as well. I look forward to it's resolution.
  • sangley
    sangley Member ✭✭
    Mine worked last Sunday. Every other day for the last week, including today has been failure.
  • QuickSince93
    QuickSince93 Member ✭✭
    Something to try that worked for me. I have 9 NCSECU accounts (joint on kids, parents etc.) Instead of trying to do all as bulk I updated a random small savings account all by itself that only has one transaction a month and all the accounts updated successfully. There were a couple duplicate transactions but at least I got caught up and it was easy to reconcile. Not sure it will work the tomorrow but it did work this time after days of it not working.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    No resolution as yet, same OL-220-A today, need some escalation here Quicken!

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @jhansen said:
    > No resolution as yet, same OL-220-A today, need some escalation here Quicken!

I sent message to NCSECU asking for escalation and resolution, not worth the time on hold for me.

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    And then randomly it worked, or perhaps after I sent message to NCSECU.

• Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jhansen, where did you send your message to SECU? I want to send a message.
    I don't have time today or tomorrow, but as soon as I can, I will visit the local branch manager, and sit in his/her office while they contact the IT people.
    This is most likely a SECU problem, and not a Quicken problem. I think it started after SECU made changes to its security sign-in. This whole thing is very reminiscent of a similar fiasco months ago, when SECU finally admitted they had a problem. At that time, somebody in the thread knew somebody high up in SECU, and that led to a fix.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Agree. This is an SECU problem that no one seems to care to fix. 
  • PuppyKat
    PuppyKat Member ✭✭
    I left another credit union in 2014 because there were constant Quicken download errors and the bank and Quicken pointed fingers at each other. It appears to me that these banks' IT departments are not all that interested in problems resulting from a third-party financial program. This time, I won't be changing banks. I think that both entities, SECU and Quicken, are to blame on some level and it's really not worth the frustration or time anymore. I've been a Quicken user for 15 years, but truthfully, they haven't been on their game since they split from Intuit 3 or 4 years ago. As far as sending messages to SECU about this, rather than calling, just log into the bank website and go to the message center. They will respond.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @Ken McAdams said:
    > Jhansen, where did you send your message to SECU? I want to send a message.
    > I don't have time today or tomorrow, but as soon as I can, I will visit the local branch manager, and sit in his/her office while they contact the IT people.This is most likely a SECU problem, and not a Quicken problem. I think it started after SECU made changes to its security sign-in. This whole thing is very reminiscent of a similar fiasco months ago, when SECU finally admitted they had a problem. At that time, somebody in the thread knew somebody high up in SECU, and that led to a fix.

I send messages thru secure message portal online, I'm not saying the 2 are related :o) I had direct contact with one of the programmers/IT professionals at SECU last yr, she was very responsive and attentive to the fact that we (this group of vocal advocates probably more specifically) had issues with the modified setup (so much so the abandoned the plan to change). Thus, I'd use secure messaging, and ask them to forward & escalate to IT.

• dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Connected once in 25 attempts! It seems to me neither one, QUICKEN or SECU, wants to admit there is an issue.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    This is the reply received after contacting SECU:

Thank you for your message. We apologize for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing while attempting to connect via Quicken. Unfortunately, the connections are experiencing intermittent outages due to unusually high volume. This means that the connection may work if you try another time, like 30. minutes later, etc.

As always, thank you for supporting your Credit Union.

WOW, what a lame response!!!
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    @dhharris that is a shockingly disappointing response. 
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @UNCLogans said:
    > @dhharris that is a shockingly disappointing response. 

UNC, this was my last message to them:

"I have been attempting to connect since 7:30 AM and it is now 10:00 AM and I have only been able to connect once. This is not a new issue as it has been occurring for a least 2-3 months or more. Someone at SECU needs to contact QUICKEN and figure out what the real issue is."

their reply:
    :Thank you for your message. We are glad you were able to get in once, as we said the connections are experiencing intermittent outages due to unusually high volume. Therefore the connection may work once but not another time. We appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved. Thanks."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue and are working on getting this resolved.  However, in order to assist the investigation while the issue remains ongoing, we are requesting that you please submit your log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem.

Alternatively, you can also contact 
    Quicken Support directly so our support agents can collect your log files.

The more log files we receive, the better, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! In the meantime, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates. 

Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting stuck here error when attempting to reset the connection. Good times.

• waltersalinger\
    waltersalinger\ Member ✭✭
    Yes! I've stopped trying to reset on SECU NC accounts
  • I've been having the problem all week. Finally switched over from Direct Connect to Express Connect and was able to download okay.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Response from NCSECU, to which I responded their response is unacceptable and if resources are limiting they need to get more resources applied to the problem.

• AB 2021
    AB 2021 Member
    OL-220-A I had this issue so much last year that I started a new file hoping that would fix it. It worked for a while, but now I have been having this problem since 4/9. I also have the duplicate transaction issue with one of my accounts. I am also a longtime Quicken user but ready to look for other options if Quicken can't fix this soon.
  • PuppyKat
    PuppyKat Member ✭✭
    dhharris: that is EXACTLY the email message I received from SECU regarding this problem. They are giving out excuses using a SCRIPTED response!!! SECU does not care about this, as I have suspected all along. I'm giving this until the end of the week and if I still can't download, I won't be using Quicken anymore. It's also frustrating that SECU won't assist us and that they probably just want their Quicken customers to dump Quicken so they are off the hook. :(
This discussion has been closed.