What symbol is used in Quicken to track Ethereum?

Options
sime3000
sime3000 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Investing (Windows)
What symbol is used in Quicken to track Ethereum as an investment?

Apparently there is none. Seems rather strange for an investment that has a market cap of 170 B dollars.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @sime3000,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Ethereum (ETH) is not currently available in Quicken's security list being that it is a cryptocurrency. Unfortunately, cryptocurrency is not currently supported in Quicken.

Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead which is currently marked as Planned. If you would like to be notified of updates on this feature as they become available, you can go ahead and bookmark the thread by clicking the yellow star on the top-right corner.

Alternatively, if this is not quite what you are looking for and wish to submit your own request for something more specific, then you can create your own idea post and add your vote

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I apologize for not having better news to share with you, however, I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Note that Intuit has not owned Quicken for several years; Quicken Inc. is an independent company.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you consider using a Google sheet.  For example:

When we download the Google sheet as a CSV file, the file is formatted appropriately for import into Quicken: select File > File Import > Import security prices from CSV file...

To learn more about Google sheets, I suggest you review: https://www.google.com/sheets/about/
  • orlandoguy
    orlandoguy Member
    Options
    So sad. Been using Quicken daily since 1991 (yes, for 30 years, which should give you some idea of my age).

Just bought my first batch of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and LiteCoin and am absolutely shocked that I can't automatically download cryptocurrency quotes other than for Bitcoin.

I get the workarounds, i.e. CSV downloads, and will likely use them, but as many have mentioned, quotes are readily available in so many places it's hard to believe that Quicken with all of their vast resources can't figure out a direct :'( :'( download methodology.
  • Ehoxie
    Ehoxie Member ✭✭
    Options
    You can enter your security as ethereum and then go back to it and edit the security details. In the symbol field enter INDEX:ETHUSD200 and quicken should be able to retrieve quotes.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Ehoxie said:
    > You can enter your security as ethereum and then go back to it and edit the security details. In the symbol field enter INDEX:ETHUSD200 and quicken should be able to retrieve quotes.

And for Bitcoin Cash?
  • man910
    man910 Member ✭✭
    Options
    You can find everything here. Thanks @Ehoxie for the original response!

https://cdn.cboe.com/resources/us/indices/CSMIValuesasof42018.pdf
This discussion has been closed.