Enhancement: Add "Last Used" date in the Payees & Rules list (Q Mac)

robstavis
robstavis Member
It would be very helpful to display a column for the "Last Used" date in the Payees & Rules list.
I've been using Quicken for 25 years and the Payees list has thousands of records that degrades the performance in entering a new record. Being able to sort by the Last Used date would probably show that 80-90% of these records haven't been used for a decade or more and can be deleted.
7 votes

Planned · Last Updated

QMAC-21360

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This would be a useful addition. I don't think there's much to add to the original request, but this idea should not be discarded! As someone with more than 4,600 Payees in my decades-old database, I would undertake some cleanup of Payees if I could sort my Payees by date last used. Since it is already displaying how many times a Payee has been used, it should be easy to pull the date last used while querying the database to build this screen.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jacobs

We have submitted this idea to the team for further review, however, I have a quick question on this request.

What exactly would be the “Last Used” date?

If, for example, today (5/6) I entered a transaction dated 4/1 and chose a payee, what would be the payee’s “Last Used” date? 

What if I then changed the transaction’s date to 3/1? Would that affect the payee’s “Last Used” date?

Or, would it be better to pursue this idea as a 'current month', 'last month', 'this year', 'last year', etc. type of sorting?

Please let me know what you think, thanks!

Sarah

• jacobs
    I think to keep it simple, "date last used" would be the date of the transaction. This would be a simple query in the database, and easy for users to understand.

If you used something like the date a user last modified a transaction for this Payee, it would be using dates not visible to the user, which would be confusing. Or it could be like reports, which have last Edited date and a last Opened date -- but I think that over-complicates things. I think it's easy for users to understand; perhaps changing the terminology to "Latest Transaction" or "Most Recent" or simply "Latest" would remove ambiguity? Here's a case where keeping it simple will fill the need. ;)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts @jacobs!  It's appreciated :)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs

it’s a simple feature request, it could be implemented fairly easily, and there’s not much more users can add to the idea. So I don’t think such an Idea should be removed just because it doesn’t continue to generate discussion. But if the moderators are looking for “me too” comments, then please post your ‘“me too” comment below.