Unable to connect to paypal CC-502

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: CC-502 for Paypal. Used to work last week?.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @pyieh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• pyieh
    pyieh Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I have 2 accounts - one business and one personal. I did not deactivate business account during initial troubleshooting. And that business account connects and updates fine now. I deactivated the personal account during troubleshoot and that did not work, Now when I try to add that personal account back in, I get CC-502 error and the message "Quicken can't add this account because the PayPal website is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!" This's been going on at least the past week now.

Attached is the screen capture. I think you folks need to talk to your data aggregator about this.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @pyieh

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• pyieh
    pyieh Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Francisco, I constantly validate and super validate my data file because of all the troubles I have had so I don't think that's the case. But I did redo both on my main file and did not see any issue. I then started a brand new file to test per your suggestion. Same issue - can't add Paypal Personal account because of the same error but no problem with Paypal Business.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @pyieh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pyieh
    pyieh Member ✭✭
    appreciate your suggestion but your support team hasn't really helped in the past. I think it's more with your product and your data aggregator. Reason I am sharing my info here is to make sure you can pass this info on to your product team. By the way as of today the Paypal business account also stopped updating, with the same CC-502 error.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pyieh

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize for your previous experience with support.

At this time, there is no listed alert or known issue with Paypal posted, although I see that you are experiencing this trouble.

As this Community is mainly user to user, we do not have the necessary tools to review log files and create escalations for online banking issues.

I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance. Support has the tools to generate help tickets, which the Community does not have. Tickets help gauge user impact which can then be used to open a ticket with our service providers.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please be sure to communicate to support how long you have been experiencing this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • pyieh
    pyieh Member ✭✭
    Want to report that latest update R33.19 build 27.1.33.19 resolved the Paypal connection issue. Both my personal account and business account are updating. There was issue with the opening balance but I was able to adjust it comparing to my backup. The release note specifically called out fixing data aggregator issue. Glad your engineering team was able to resolve this with your data aggregator.
This discussion has been closed.