Can't access account register - for an active loan account

mikestover
mikestover Member ✭✭
I have an account that shows the "hide in the transaction entry" box selected and grayed out. I can't unset that option and therefore can't access the register to the account. This is an active loan account that I need to correct.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the loan was established as a "downloading" loan where information is pushed to the Account by the financial institution holding the loan, then you have no access to the register, by design.  To be able to make entries in the Account you have to convert the loan back to a manual loan.

• mikestover
    mikestover Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tom. I don't recall this account being set up as a "downloading" account. Initially I set it up manually. Subsequently, I did automatic reconciliation. However, I had done manual adjustments to reset the balances as the Quicken calcs never tracked the bank calcs. I'l try the offered fix later today. Thanks again.
  • EMcCloy
    EMcCloy Member
    Can that design get changed in a future release? I want to see the details to be able to reconcile. Just trusting that the bank has it correct without seeing what is happening seems silly. I understand I can set it to manual, but then I have to enter everything myself. This is a frustrating design
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMcCloy said:
    Can that design get changed in a future release? I want to see the details to be able to reconcile. Just trusting that the bank has it correct without seeing what is happening seems silly. I understand I can set it to manual, but then I have to enter everything myself. This is a frustrating design
    How do you enter the monthly payment in Quicken?
    Correctly done, for an offline ("manual") loan account, there's a Scheduled Reminder which has the Split transaction detail for Principal, Interest and optional Escrow Withholding. The monthly amount of Principal is defined as a transfer from your Checking account to the loan account. Quicken calculates how much Principal and Interest is due for each month.
    For standard mortgages with a monthly payment the amount usually tracks with the mortgage company's monthly loan statement, to the penny.
    And now you can reconcile the loan account to the monthly paper mortgage statement.

• pjlambe
    pjlambe Member ✭✭
    And as a follow up, how do you enter the original transaction - which usually has a whole host of fees, prepaid amounts, etc. - if you can't get into the register?

Thanks,
    PJL
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pjlambe

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your question, however, this is an older post, and less likely to receive an answer.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.