Should I upgrade feature level from Deluxe to Premier upon subscription renewal

jlssls
jlssls Windows Beta Beta
Good morning, my subscription renews on June 1, as I am currently using Deluxe. Is it worth the extra money to move up to Premier, just for Bill pay? I currently go to the credit card or utility site to pay my bill. Help is appeciated

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not in my opinion.  Personally, I use my FI's free bill pay service with the advantage that, if something goes wrong, there can't be any finger pointing just like there can't be any finger pointing using your current method of doing the pull payment from the credit card company.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @splasher. From the posts on here, there are simply too many problems with the Quicken bill pay system for me to use. Besides, I find it just as easy to use my banks and payee websites to pay my bills.
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my bank's FREE BillPay for  almost everything.  I see no reason to use Q's  problematic BillPay.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are some features in the Premier edition that might justify it for some users, but the one thing I would never upgrade to Premier for is to get the "free" bill paying.  If having a totally unreliable system that will cause you to miss bills and trash your credit score sound good to you, then go for it.  Otherwise avoid it.

In this comment I listed the feature I did find (note that Quicken Bill Pay "free" isn't one of them):
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20176888/#Comment_20176888

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would not upgrade to Premier for the limited Quick Pay and Check Pay functionality.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I actually downgraded from Premier to Deluxe last December.  I had used the original bill pay system for decades but after attempting to use the new Bill Manager payment systems for several months I gave up and decided it was better to use my banks billpay services.  Unless you need the special investment features or want "improved" support access, Premier isn't worth the extra cost (nor the time and frustration that seem to come with it). 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

This discussion has been closed.