Quicken keeps entering automatic debits to inactive accounts. How do I stop these? (Q Mac)

figlio
figlio Member ✭✭
Quicken keeps entering automatic debits to inactive accounts. How do I stop these?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    First, determine if the transactions you're seeing are coming from a download from the financial institution, or if they are scheduled transactions in Quicken. If they downloading, you'll need to go to each of those accounts, click on Settings, and disconnect them from downloading transactions. If they are scheduled transactions, you'll need to double-click on the next one in the register and select Delete All Instances from the blue menu bar which pops up under the transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jacobs, IF the transactions are downloading ... how is the account inactive?
    The "scheduled transaction" option sounds much more feasible.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    I wasn't sure whether the original poster's "inactive" actually meant "hidden" or "closed" or "there should be no activity". (In Quicken Mac, you can mark an account "Hidden" but it will still download if there is activity coming from the financial institution.)
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe they are transfers from an account that was downloaded?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• figlio
    figlio Member ✭✭
    they are downloading to Quicken both to an actual open account and to a closed (by the bank) account,
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @figlio

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

Can you please capture a screenshot of the transactions in question? To learn more about posting screenshots, please see the information available here

This should help the Community to see what is causing the problem.

Thank you
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    Is this a credit card which was closed for a fraudulent transaction and replaced? It depend on the financial institution, but in many cases although there's the old and the new credit card number, there's only one account at the financial institution. 
This discussion has been closed.