USAA download hangs Quicken

sjyagel
sjyagel Member ✭✭
Since about 5/21, downloading from USAA to my USAA credit card account hangs Quicken in the One Step Update. I have to use task manager to abort Quicken. All of my other accounts are still downloading OK as before.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @sjyagel

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues updating your USAA account. Are you by chance syncing your accounts to the cloud? This could be a reason why we may be getting stuck.

I'm wondering here are you able to individually update the account? You can check by selecting one of your USAA accounts and selecting the gear in the top right of the register. From there select update now. This will help isolate if it's specifically USAA as well.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sjyagel
    sjyagel Member ✭✭
    Cannot update the account individually, hangs as described. I am not using the cloud. Thanks,
  • Quicken Francisco
    @sjyagel

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if we might need to reset the connection then to get it up and running again. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps let us know if you're able to get your accounts updated again.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sjyagel
    sjyagel Member ✭✭
    The second link seems to be specific to adding new accounts, not reactivating existing accounts.

I deactivated the USAA account as instructed(only USAA account I have). I then went through the activation steps. USAA is different from all my other accounts in that it requires an access code and PIN just for Quicken access (these are different than their website credentials). The access code and PIN USAA gave me are the same as I had before. I then tried to activate, and Quicken has been sitting on the "Activate One Step Update" page for over 20 minutes, it says "Looking for your accounts at USAA Federal Saving Bank". I will abort at 30 minutes as I do not believe it will complete.

I used task manager to abort Quicken after 40 minutes as there doesn't seem to be any other way to stop the process when it is at this point.
  • sjyagel
    sjyagel Member ✭✭
    I went to the USAA site and revoked Quicken access, and went through the whole activation process again. I get texts/emails that say USAA has added Quicken access to my account, but Quicken still hangs at the "activate One Step Update" screen as before.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @sjyagel

Thanks for the update. That is quite odd it freezes as well. In this case I would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Mike Honcho
    Mike Honcho Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with USAA synching. Previously it was CapitalOne. This seems to be random as to which accounts won't synchronize, and is systemic to Quicken. Without making any changes Quicken eventually reconnected to CapitalOne, but I still get messages from individuals specific to that forum who are having ongoing problems. I assume this will eventually clear either on its own or when Intuit gets around to fixing the issue.
  • Hello @Mike Honcho,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in May of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.