MIgrating from Quicken Home & Business to Quicken Mac

cfer
cfer Member
Hi -
I am migrating to an M1 Mac and am forced to abandon my vmware fusion+Windows+Quicken H&B setup.

I've read here that there's no H&B edition for the Mac...

So do folks have any suggestions on:

1) Where (or what successor app) I shold use to maintain the business data--business accounts, invoicing, etc?

2) What literally happens to the Business data during the H&B to Mac conversion?

Are the accounts retained but called something else--and w/o invoice generation functionality?

Thanks much.

Regards-
Bob

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of your transactions will come over.  The "Business" accounts will be converted to regular Q accounts and all of the H&B functions will be lost.  Invoice generation is an H&B function.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider CrossOver or Parallels which do work on M1.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Based on your needs, I'd second the idea for continuing to run Quicken Home & Business under Windows in a different virtual machine than Fusion. Parallels just recently released a new version which runs natively on M1 Macs and should therefore have good performance. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cfer
    cfer Member
    edited June 2021
    Thanks all for the ideas.

[removed - no soliciting]

Regards-
    Bob
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @cfer  Most of the folks here who heavily use Quicken likely do not also use the other product you mentioned, which is business accounting software. I think it comes down to whether an all-in-one tool like Quicken Home & Business, which handles modest business needs as well as personal finance management, fits your needs. Or whether you need a more robust product for managing your business finances, separate from Quicken for handling things the other one doesn't, such as tracking your investments. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.