Why do memorized transaction lose 1 cent?

Many of my memorized transactions - using them in Bill Reminder groups - the amounts somehow keep changing to 1 penny lower. I change them back, but they keep losing this penny.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So far, only two customers have reported this issue, in this discussion.
    And, yes, you are correct. It appears that nobody in the Community has an answer to your question.

If you haven't done so already and if you're willing to show them the problem, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

Answers

• Hello @bspeer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steve1951
    Steve1951 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but I can't find a common denominator to isolate any certain type of transaction. By the way, what is the Data Log? Is that the Quicken file? How do I close it as there is no option to do that in the menu that I can find. I tried the suggestion from Anja but it didn't solve the problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closely look at the Validate results view which pops up after validate is complete. There's a log file you can select to view the errors, if there were any. "Close the Data Log" is what you have to do if you reviewed the errors. If there were no errors, you can skip this step.
    BTW, depending on how fast your computer is, I recommend waiting at least 30 - 60 seconds after closing Quicken, before you start Quicken again. That gives Quicken and Windows time to really finish shutdown processing.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As to "losing a penny" ...
    are these transactions US-$ transactions or in a foreign currency?
    Can you show us an example of such transaction, Split category dialog included?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

• Steve1951
    Steve1951 Member ✭✭
    I waited a while before restarting and my computer is relatively fast with Intel Core i5-6400 @2.7 GHz. Losing a penny refers to the fact that when bringing up a memorized transaction in the register, the amount comes up a penny less than the last time the transaction was used. It also shows the incorrect amount in the Memorized Transactions List. Split transactions seem to work OK, it's just single entries. I don't want to post a screenshot of my register, though.
  • Steve1951
    Steve1951 Member ✭✭
    Sorry - forgot to answer the other question - these are US$.
  • Steve1951
    Steve1951 Member ✭✭
    Does the lack of response mean no one knows what is causing this? Can anybody at Quicken fix this? The Validate procedure doesn't seem to help and this still occurs sporadically.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So far, only two customers have reported this issue, in this discussion.
    And, yes, you are correct. It appears that nobody in the Community has an answer to your question.

If you haven't done so already and if you're willing to show them the problem, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.