Some reminders are not showing up in budgets when view reminders is turned on

Some of my reminders are not showing up in budgets when view reminders is turned on. I see that this has been reported by others and and tickets were closed without a resolution. I have done the validate, super validate, copy and validate, copy and super validate. None of these has resolved the issues. Approximately 15 reminders are not being recognized. This makes it difficult/not possible to establish an accurate budget - the primary reason that I am using Quicken. Please: Can Quicken get this to function correctly.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the accounts used by these reminders included in the Budget view? Budget Actions button / Select accounts...

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Here is one example of the issue.

[Added by UKR: For the record, the date these images were taken is/was 9/7/2021]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sending images.
    Once again, what is the account that this reminder is scheduled to be recorded in?
    And ... is this account included in the budget?
    What is the Category of this reminder, as shown either in the Edit Reminder dialog or in the register?
    Your images don't show this detail.
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    The reminder is against may checking account, as are all of my reminders. The checking account is included in the budget. A month ago when I closed out the month of July, this reminder and the others that I am having issues with where working fine.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's make sure your Quicken software is installed and updated correctly. Please follow this procedure:

http://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

• Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    Ok. I have gone through the qcleanul-uninstall and then install process. Nothing has changed. I still have the issue.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried creating a new budget and as a test to see if it would be in there?
    Another test might be to delete and recreate the reminder.

I noticed that the reminder was overdue and thought that might have to do with the problem, but in my testing it didn't make any difference.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    This is still an outstanding problem that seems to be getting worse over time.
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    I would hope that if others are having the same problem, that would chime in, as WE ALL NEED TO BE ABLE TO BUDGET. It's why we use Quicken.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just a stab in the dark here...but your reminder in the screenshot is PAST DUE and not been paid.

What happens if you mark it as PAID?

What happens if its a future reminder and the status is Upcoming or Auto but not beyond the Due Date?

I'm just thinking that since this is past due and you haven't paid it, Quicken just thinks its not going to be paid.  

And your last statement...others AREN'T having this problem, because I haven't seen anything posted about this before from others.  
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just as an aside, I turned on Include Reminders in the View Options of the Budget and ALL my future reminders showed up in the proper budget buckets for future months through the end of the year.  

• Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    With "Include Reminders", the majority of them are showing up as they should. Responding to your other comments, here is an example of what I did today that and may be an indicator the the problem is elsewhere. I had a reminder for $180.00. It was initially a reminder that repeated yearly in October in the amount of $100.00. Over the course of the last year, I only spent $20.00. So at the beginning of this month, I changed the "current" reminder to $180.00 (i.e. $100.00 plus $80.00). The actuals in the Budget showed zero with "Include Reminders" turned on. I then deleted the entire reminder and started over with a new one and just made the amount $100.00 annually. Well, that didn't show up in the actuals either.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Paul26  In my actual QDATA file, I can see that all my reminders are present. 

However
    , when I setup a test "manual" reminder that is overdue due AND falls into the prior month, that reminder no longer shows up as an "actual" in my budget.   

This is true even if the reminder is overdue by 1 day, in the case of when the month turns over.  That is, if today's date is 10.01 and your reminder is overdue on 09.30, the reminder would not show up in your budget actuals....

Is the October reminder reference, in your last post, setup for a date in 2020 or 2021?  From reading your last post, I took it to mean you set up the original reminder last year and then modified it.   If so,  from what the behavior I see in my own file, it then would exclude from Actuals in the budget.  

If you setup (recreated) the reminder for October 2021 due date, does it still not show in your budget? 

I saw this behavior remained the same regardless of whether or not the category, for that expense, had rollover turned on or off.   Spit-balling here...I wonder if this behavior can be modified (by Quicken product change) based on rollover status for that category?   That is, if category has rollover is turned on, then the overdue (and past month's) reminder expense would still show in actuals as being rolled forward....maybe something like that? 

Seems as it is, the logic to include or exclude the past due reminder may be too restrictive, as in the case I mention above being only 1 day overdue but falling into the prior month....

• Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding.

- The October reference was setup for a date in 2020.
    - When I deleted and recreated the reminder, I set it up for a date in 2021. It still did not show up in the actuals.
    - I do not use the built in "roller", so that is not a factor.
    - I do think the issue is related to a Quicken product change. I was not having this issue earlier this year or prior to that.

I might try playing around with the "rollover" capability. I elected not to use it because it was confusing and I could not come to a place where I was comfortable using it - thus the reason I am carrying reminders into future months when money is leftover.
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    Curious: Do you use "rollover" and does it work well for you?
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2021
    Paul26 said:
    Thank you for responding.

- The October reference was setup for a date in 2020.
    - When I deleted and recreated the reminder, I set it up for a date in 2021. It still did not show up in the actuals.

Was this new date in 2021 - in October or later?  If not, see my comments above.

Paul26 said:
    Curious: Do you use "rollover" and does it work well for you?

Yes, I use rollover on those categories that have actual expenses that vary in size and timing.  Not all categories but probably half.  I don't try to use the rollover feature in a way other than how it is described in Help.  When it comes to looking at balance totals, it can get a little confusing when some categories have rollovers and others don't.  
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    Yes. I think that was the confusion that I was experiencing as well.
This discussion has been closed.