I want to open a QXF file in Quicken Starter on a PC but there is no option for QXF import.

I exported my data on my Mac into a QXF file and loaded it into Quicken Starter edition on my PC. However when I attempted to load my data into a new account in Quicken Starter on my PC the File Import menu has no QXF import choice available. It only allows import of Web Connect (.QFX) files, QIF files and Microsoft Money files. Quicken help says it has a QXF import option but that is not the case. How do I import a QXF file when no QXF import option appears?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I exported my data on my Mac into a QXF file and loaded it into Quicken Starter edition on my PC. However when I attempted to load my data into a new account in Quicken Starter on my PC the File Import menu has no QXF import choice available.
    Huh ?
    If you already "loaded it into Quicken"
    then what do you mean by "load my data into a new account" ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    To import QXF files, I suggest you upgrade to the Deluxe edition.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7721236/quicken-starter-2018-windows-cannot-import-mac-qxf-conversion-file
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Importing a QXF file into Starter Edition is not an available option.  I don't know why, but it isn't possible.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange especially since you can downgrade Quicken and it preserves all data from higher editions.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is a hold over from "pre subscription times".  The Starter version blocked a lot more back then and didn't have the "read-only mode" for "non supported account types".  Frankly it has always been very inconsistent, but it is even worse now.

Before you wouldn't see tags at all, but now you can see them in the register and such, but can't use them in reports!
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KCSpence
    KCSpence Member
    Today I was able to import a Chase credit card QFX file into Starter, but it will not let me import a QFX or QIF file generated from the Chase checking account?!?!?! Very strange
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    KCSpence said:
    Today I was able to import a Chase credit card QFX file into Starter, but it will not let me import a QFX or QIF file generated from the Chase checking account?!?!?! Very strange

Note this thread is about QXF files, not QFX, which are completely different.

Chase's QIF files have been broken for a long time now, and Chase doesn't seem to care to fix them.
    A typical QIF transaction looks like this:
    C*
    D02/07/2011
    NN/A
    PDEPOSIT  ID NUMBER 379853
    T835.00
    ^

If you edit the QIF file with notepad you will find that Chase's current QIF files are missing the ending ^ line.

As for importing a QFX file from a Chase checking account, I just tried it with my checking account and had no problem.  Is suggest you start your own post and give as much details in problems you are running into. Select New Post from the upper right of this webpage.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.